Senior Data Engineer, Healthcare - Telecommute (100318962)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for analysis, troubleshooting, definition of issues, creating and understanding existing documentation of the process and tasks related to OptumCare Care Delivery programs and applications and working closely with Solutions Leads and project teams. Our Senior Data Engineer/Solutions Analyst will provide expertise and insight into solutions involving the Epic EMR product as well as tasks and timeline supporting delivery of business technology solutions for their assigned area of focus. This position requires high levels of coordination and influence with multiple levels of indirect staff and multiple functions/departments.
Work with various client, operations, technical, and business partners to innovate complex solutions to problems. Join a team of highly motivated subject matter experts responsible for defining, executing and supporting technical and operational delivery. Collaborate with other teammates to define the technical aspects of the product as well as influence the technologies used. Participate in the acceptance activities of the solutions and provide support to users. Analyze, understand, and assist migrating existing ETL operations to a brand-new platform.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with technical and operations teams to ensure business solution is delivered for end users
- Work within a team to define and execute the flow of data and ETL operations expanding upon an existing family of applications
- Understand and integrate with data from various EMR platforms
- Migrate ETL operations and business rules to a new platform
- Accountable for all relevant activities from documentation, development, testing and operational readiness
- Works within a team to support and execute strategies and solutions meeting functional/operational objectives
- Able to provide viable solution recommendations and act as a subject matter expert regarding the Epic EMR
- Able to clearly communicate and manage communications, change management processes, and escalations
- Lead and influence others in the process to resolve highly complex or unusual business challenges that affect major functions or disciplines
- Support solutions and programs that impact markets, practices and providers as our customers and consumers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with detailed business process, technical, and data analysis
- 4+ years of experience with business process mapping and workflow documentation
- 4+ years of technical experience with Epic EMR application and its components
- 1+ years of experience migrating existing products to a new platform
- Experience decomposing and understanding pre-existing business rules
- Ability to communicate effectively and problem solve/troubleshoot with both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with NoSQL Databases, MongoDB
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Snowflake
- Extensive knowledge within the HealthCare practice level space and operational business expectations
- Prior experience with Epic EMR use and integrations, such as certifications, Smartform customization and/or BPA configuration, Epic Bridges certification, App Orchard integration, etc.
- Prior experience with Risk & Quality business processing including a general understanding of the annual processing cycles
- Detail-oriented, analytic thinker
- Able to manage assigned work with minimal oversight
- Able to appropriately delegate work and ensure delivery within a team
- Agile delivery methodology experience
- Significant experience working in a highly matrixed environmen
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Remote