SVP, Experience Journey Leader - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to Optum’s Chief Experience Officer, the SVP, Experience Journey Leader will deliver the vision and strategy for Consumer Activation. Consumer Activation is focused on fully engaging known members by gaining access to email and text communications allowing for proactive outreach to drive action.
You will use a solid understanding of acquisition marketing, consumer behavior, insights, analytics (along with business inputs) to deliver on an end-to-end experience journey that is modern, intuitive and cross-channel. The role involves guiding a cross-functional team throughout the process – starting with insights and problem identification and following through to implementation and measurement. The role requires close partnership with design, product, and engineering teams to deliver high value, prioritized experiences using human-centered design and modern technologies in an agile and iterative way.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Strategy: Establish long term strategic direction for a consumer journey based on consumer insights and analytics, along with business priorities. Ensure continued alignment with cross-functional team and stakeholders on the vision
- Marketing: Develop and execute large-scale acquisition marketing campaigns to “activate” consumers by capturing key data variables (email, mobile) and permissions to establish direct connectivity between Optum and consumers and allow for downstream marketing
- Planning and Execution: Defines the customer outcomes, business impacts, and roadmaps. Builds the business case, ROI analysis and leads stakeholder alignment. Uses knowledge of product management and ability to understand the P&L impacts across multiple businesses to develop and source funding for the investment thesis. Manages the capital and operating budget necessary to deliver. Proactively identifies new initiatives/themes and builds out backlog items based on quantified business value. Maintains a clear view of the highest value experience backlog items and makes trade-offs based on team capacity to determine the Sprint backlog. Items could be focused on technology, digital experience, marketing, operations, product or clinical. Continually re-prioritize team’s tasks based on new information from the team, discussing with stakeholders, and likelihood to drive business outcomes. Use project management acumen and detailed business analysis experience to align teams and remove obstacles to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience Design: - Always starts with understanding the jobs to be done and the personas involved. Uses human centered design to create amazing experiences that consumers will love, bringing together strategy and execution
- Use Data to Drive Outcomes: - Seeks to deliver viable ideas or learn fast and pivot by understanding pain points and experience analytics. Leverage consumer, operations & clinical data and feedback/behavior in order to drive business outcomes
- Delivery: - Manages experience lifecycle from conception to release, iteration and maintenance, driving the right product portfolio for the experience and prioritizing work in backlogs to ensure products are delivering to experience expectations. Works within a highly matrixed and complex organization across multiple functional areas to achieve results
- Results & Metrics: - Defines, tracks and monitors Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Team Management: Leads a team of teams across the enterprise (inclusive of direct reporting of BA’s, project managers and indirect for shared services)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of experience in consumer marketing, product management and transformation leadership
- Consumer marketing acquisition experience with a focus on digital channels
- Extensive experience planning and managing large-scale, strategic marketing/product/experience initiatives (including capital planning, across matrixed organizations)
- Demonstrated success as a collaborative leader with experience attracting, developing managing, motivating and retaining outstanding talent
- Proven track record of empowering team members and holding them accountable
- History of rapidly assessing situations, absorbing & applying new information to drive decision-making and direction setting
- Demonstrated confidence and perseverance in addressing challenges and overcoming obstacles (including demonstrating initiative, stamina and work ethic)
- Proven ability to address difficult issues with candor, speaks the truth, expresses a point of view and takes a stand
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate and inspire at all levels, including addressing opportunities, risks, and strategic positioning with business and technology leaders
- Proven record of displaying ownership, urgency and sound decision-making skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BA/BS, MBA or Master’s degree
- Proven change management successes, evidenced by impact to team outcomes
- Experience using agile methods in the product management discipline
- Comprehensive understanding of Customer Experience, and how new tools and technologies are being utilized to improve the customer experience
- Experience with the Net Promoter System
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $174,600 to $332,200. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $174,600 to $332,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.