Medicaid Growth Leader - Telecommute in VA
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position provides leadership for the Community and State Health Plans Medicaid products in their assigned market to support continued growth and innovation. The position is a member of the health plan senior leadership team and will work collaboratively with the CEO, COO and CFO to ensure overall strategies are aligned with the market level business objectives. This position will oversee the Medicaid community agenda and field-based outreach teams to develop market leading provider and community engagement to forge strong external relationships. This position is responsible for forecasting and has accountability in achieving growth (Acquisition and retention) targets. This is an external and internal facing role.
If you are located in the state of Virginia, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.You may work from your Virginia residence or in a Virginia office near you.
- Develop and execute and continually update overall strategies for Medicaid product offering to maximize product growth, member retention, innovation and member and provider experience
- Drive smart Growth in membership and market share in designated market by developing solid relationships across segments and departments (Network, marketing, clinical, quality, finance)
- Lead, develop and uphold accountability of Medicaid products forecasting models with complete understanding of Auto assignment algorithms, eligibility requirements, self-select, and involuntary vs voluntary term ratios
- Manage local Medicaid field-based outreach teams and work directly with M&R regional sales leaders to leverage DSNP Outreach strategies and teams across segments
- Must be able to flex strategies to address local market nuances and unique requirements to assure that we are keeping healthcare “local” while maintaining a strong presence in the market
- Partner with local and functional teams to assure appropriate health plan benefit design and value-added services
- Formulate impactful relationships that drive engagement with community-based organizations and faith-based organizations
- Develop and implement provider engagement strategies (including Field-based approaches and face to face visits Providers) in partnership with Network partners that specifically focuses on membership growth and retention and making UHC the insurer of choice for UHC
- Lead and provide oversight for the Field community outreach team that orchestrates member events, potential consumer events, and community-based goodwill and general awareness that make UHC the insurer of choice
- Manage and uphold accountability for marketing, sponsorship and outreach budgets
- Represent the Health Plan at State meetings, community events, and media relations; Assist in developing new county expansions for existing Medicaid; Assist in implementing future product opportunities
- Ensure compliance to health plan State contract for MCO functions entailing Marketing, Communications, Engagement with Community Based Providers and Provider Network and outreach activities
- Lead and develop top field talent in designated markets, while creating bench strength and opportunities for professional growth within the team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Experience building analytical skills including generating ROI, business case forecasting and growth opportunities
- Proven track record developing and deploying market strategies
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree (MPA / MBA)
- Active health license
- Familiar with possible Medicaid referral sources (i.e. CBOs, providers, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.