Clinical Analytic Consultant - Telecommute
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Analytic Consultant is responsible for providing data-driven strategic insights, customized innovative analytic approaches and insightful management opportunities for strategic clients in a pharmacy services setting. The role provides clinical support for Optum Rx clinical consulting, account management, operations, information technology, and other internal departments. The Clinical Analytic Consultant establishes solid internal and external relationships and serves as primary point of contact for overall and day-to-day service delivery for clinical analytic needs. This individual is relied upon to provide proactive detail regarding pharmacy trend and insights garnered from studying the client-specific data. This individual also represents client(s) internally and coordinates with other functional areas to implement client initiatives, complete projects, and address ongoing pharmacy service needs. In addition, the Clinical Analytic Consultant supports the clinical pharmacy team with formulary development analyses, clinical program development and clinical pharmacy functions as the need arises. The Clinical Analytic Consultant translates United Health Group’s culture and values into action and is a role model for Clinical Consultants on the team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide superior analytic consultation with a focus on client satisfaction, client retention, and trend management
- Support short and long term operational and strategic business activities
- Design, execute, and maintain advanced PBM analytics, conduct and evaluate trend analyses, and present clinical and financial opportunities based on analytic insights to clients
- Use logic and analytic skills to perform client-specific analyses in response to business questions and communicate the findings, including data sources, methodology, outcomes and recommendations
- Develop, enhance and maintain operational information and models that will have an impact on business decisions
- Routinely collaborate with clinical consulting and account management to provide clinical aspects of client quarterly reviews
- Maintain strategic relationships with client leaders, key stakeholders, and brokers/consultants while maintaining focus on UHG and Optum strategies and goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Health Administration, related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analytics and conducting advanced analytic modeling and querying large databases with real-world application
- Experience with gathering requirements, process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Intermediate level of proficiency with at least one data query and analysis tools (SQL, SAS, Python)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree in business, finance, health care administration, statistics, pharmacy, or another related field
- 3+ years of managed care or PBM experience
- 1+ years of experience in a client-facing role
- Ability to clearly communicate an analysis, including trends and opportunities, to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- Ability to problem-solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and/or inaccurate data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.