Sr. Clinical Quality Analyst - Arizona Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Delivering quality care starts with ensuring our processes and documentation standards are being met and kept at the highest level possible. This means working behind the scenes ensuring a member-centric approach to care. As a Senior Quality Analyst, you will monitor and support health plan quality improvement initiatives with particular emphasis on compliance with state and federal regulatory and accreditation requirements. You'll act as a voice for our members, guiding the development of comprehensive care plans that will help others live healthier lives.
Optum Provider Performance is an integrated team serving all Optum businesses. We're focused on improving the health of our members, enhancing our operational effectiveness and reinforcing brand and reputation for high - quality health plans. Join us and help guide our efforts to improve the patient experience. It takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
**This is a work from home position with up to 50% travel within Arizona including some overnights***
***Candidates may reside in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah**
If you live in or near Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, or Utah you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Complete clinical audits and record reviews of behavioral health and substance use disorder providers in the State of Arizona
- Provide education and support to providers regarding operational and treatment record documentation standards
- Conduct quality of care investigations of behavioral health and substance use disorder providers
- Provide analytical support and expertise when compiling report information
- Develop and implement effective analysis, research and evaluation in preparation for clinical monitoring audits activities
- Assume responsibility for inter - rater reliability of clinical audit activities
- Extract appropriate data from SQL or Oracle environments
- Participate in departmental meetings and activities
- Travel 50% of work month, including some overnight travel
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. leading to an independent behavioral health licensure
- Active, unrestricted, independent mental health licensure (i.e., LP, LCSW, LMFT, LPC)
- 3+ years of experience with behavioral health
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet) with the ability to navigate a Windows environment, including create, edit, save, and send documents using Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present data
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the month, including overnights, to client and/or patient sites within the state of Arizona
- Access to high-speed internet and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- When travelling and working on-site, you will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with providers on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience with conducting clinical audits of behavioral health/substance use disorder treatment records
- Experience with Medicaid service delivery
- Knowledge of Joint Commission survey processes
- Knowledge of HEDIS Standards
- Knowledge/experience with behavioral health Evidence-based Practices
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.