Clinical Database Programmer - SAS/SQL - Minneapolis - Telecommute Considered
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Program Evaluation team in UHC Value Creation is charged with conducting systematic reviews and impact evaluations for all clinical programs touching the lives of our members. The goal of this research team is to ensure that each clinical program deployed represents our best opportunities to improve health and reduce cost. The team’s efforts inform clinical program investments, program scaling, scoping, and program refinement. The Clinical Database Programmer 1) supports the research team in executing clinical program evaluation studies, 2) supports Value Creation’s efforts to standardize the research/evaluation process, and 3) enhances the SAS and SQL programming skills within Value Creation by mentoring staff and holding formal training sessions. Ideal candidates will have intermediate to advanced SAS and SQL programming skills to build analytic datasets from relational databases (e.g., administrative claims and other health care databases).
The preferred location for this position is Minneapolis, MN. Telecommuters will also be considered. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the Clinical Program Evaluation Team and UHC Value Creation as a data and programming expert
- Conduct claims and EHR data extraction and programming of analytic datasets
- Assist in the development of project-specific study protocols (or abbreviated analysis plans)
- Support standardization efforts, including creating and documenting standard programs to increase efficiency and ensure quality
- Enhance Value Creation staff SAS and SQL programming proficiency by sharing your expertise through mentoring and leading formal training sessions (as well as learn from your colleagues as they share their expertise)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience programming in SAS and SQL
- 3+ years of experience supporting health services, health economics, and outcomes research
- 3+ years of experience with administrative claims data, EHR/EMR data, or complex relational health care databases required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience using large administrative claims assets from health plan/payers
- Proficiency in executing multi-step data management and analysis tasks including creating data dictionaries and specification documents from research protocols
- Experience in development of analytic plans and protocols
- Ability to participate in project design and interpretation
- Knowledge of cloud-based software and platform services (Snowflake, Azure)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.