WellMed RN Clinical Team Manager
**$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES**
This position is full-time with excellent compensation, benefits within 30 days that include PTO, paid holidays, annual bonus potential, annual reviews, tuition reimbursement along with opportunities for continued career progression! All clinical licensures and required CEU costs are covered.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The RN Home Health Manager based in Richland Hills performs management functions of coordination and supervision of all clinical disciplines including: skilled nursing, home health aide, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and medical social services. The RN Home Health Manager supervises all activities and assumes responsibility for continuity, appropriateness, and quality of services delivered within the home health department. The RN Home Health Manager oversees the day-to-day scheduling of staff, monitors performance of staff, assists in the orientation of staff and serves on committees to improve operations. Performs all functions in a professional and ethical manner and collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure the provision of quality care.
- Assigns, supervises and evaluates clinical staff
- Ensures that all supervised health care staff maintains compliance to federal and state rules and regulations and to agency clinical policies, procedures, and appropriate standards of care
- Ensures that a client’s plan of care is executed as written
- Ensures that a reassessment of a client’s needs is performed by the appropriate health care professional: when there is a significant health status change in the client’s condition; at the physician’s request; or after hospital discharge
- Participates and assists in orientation and training of clinical and paraprofessional staff
- Ensures scheduling and assignments are appropriately based on patient needs, staff expertise and geographical locations
- Receives and coordinates patient referrals from case managers, physicians, and other referral sources
- Leads and participates in interdisciplinary care conferences, agency programs and management functions as assigned
- Monitors documentation and paper flow to ensure records are accurate and timely and adhere to Medicare and other payer guidelines
- Investigates patient/family complaints promptly and takes corrective action as needed
- Makes home visits to provide patient care as needed
- Participates in the Agency's endeavors for accreditation, licensing and professional recognition according to state, federal or CHAPs requirements
- Participates in periodic review of clinical records to promote quality patient care
- Educates clinical staff on documentation standards and patient care as needed
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or compact license
- 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting or general medical setting
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Managed Care experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.