Clinical Pharmacist Patient Care - Telecommute in Louisiana or Florida
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Pharmacist will primarily perform a clinical role to support the Community & State clinical model at the plan level. Functions will consist of member and provider engagement along with case management and internal team integration. Goals of this position include implementing and executing clinical pharmacy programs that will help our members live healthier lives while demonstrating value to the plan.
If you are located in Louisiana or Florida, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Monitor all clinical activities performed related to pharmacy engagement within the plan to ensure alignment with both UHC and Plan objectives
- Provide direction to plan pharmacy technicians by delegating and overseeing activities
- Implement proactive member intervention activities to provide medication reconciliation and other clinical support to members in an effort to mitigate pharmacy risks and reduce readmissions
- Execute MTM activities through provided software platforms including targeted intervention activities that will improve outcomes and lower costs
- Conduct case reviews of members identified as top utilizing members to address pharmacy related concerns that may be contributing to high utilization
- Integrate with other care team members through clinical care platforms
- Serve as pharmacy subject matter expert regarding both clinical and benefit-related issues for field-based roles including community health workers, transitions care managers, behavioral field case managers, etc.
- Actively engage and participate with member care team meetings (rounds, interdisciplinary teams, etc.)
- Execute upon programs developed in coordination with the Quality team to support HEDIS and other quality initiatives related to pharmacy
- Train other clinical teams regarding pharmacy benefit as applicable
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy account management team on various plan programs, projects, or other items as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered Pharmacist
- Active license in the state of LA or will have active license by the end of 2022
- Active license in the state of FL
- 3+ years of retail, and or hospital experience
- 1+ year of Medication Therapy Management experience
- Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, and DSNP plans
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Pharm D Degree
- 1+ years of PBM experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.