Senior Finance Analyst - Clinical Performance Finance, Strategy & Investments - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Care is a $30 billion a year organization, touching over 20 million patients, 100 payers and >60,000 aligned physicians.
This role will report to the Senior Vice President who leads one of the pillars within the national Clinical Performance team (CP). The role will be responsible for:
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Position conducts and manages outcomes of various project that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning
- Support short and long term clinical, operational and strategic business investment activities by developing and maintaining operational information and models
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and processes
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed and demonstrates ability to works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others and partners to ensure programs and investments are implemented effectively
- Maintain awareness of best practices/approaches related to quality of work product and productivity
- Demonstrate and apply understanding of UnitedHealth Group's business (e.g., specific business capabilities, functions, business cycles)
- Collaborate with business and clinical stakeholders (e.g., process owners, domain experts) to identify specific requirements
- Partner with internal stakeholders and clinical experts to review potential investments, programs, and plans (e.g., affordability initiatives; quality programs; projected resource needs)
- Analyze possible mergers and acquisitions. Works with senior leadership on all phases of the pre-merger process, including quantifying synergies, investments and/or risks
- Provide analytic support in planning and executing strategic growth initiatives spanning all facets of the process, including assessment, due diligence, negotiations, and closing
- Complete valuation analysis such as comparable strategies, precedent transactions, discounted cash flow, and related investment returns
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of finance experience, working with investments, M&A and/or value creation
- Demonstrated ability to partner and support decision-making
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all levels
- Solid presentation, writing, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work with people at multiple levels of the organization, multiple functions of an organization, and multiple locations
- Complete valuation analysis such as comparable companies, precedent transactions, discounted cash flow, and related investment returns
- Experience in the following areas:
- Direct transaction / valuation
- Building and interpreting valuation models, including discounted cash flow and other returns analysis
- Detailed knowledge of financial statements and valuation methodologies, with ability to create detailed financial and operational models with zero defects
- Working knowledge of standard accounting practices and statistical techniques
- Understands the strategic and operational implications of financial analysis
- Preparing, reading and interpreting financial statements
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.