Clinical LVN - Irvine, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Positions this function include LPN/LVN roles responsible for overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients. Employees are involved in direct patient care (in a clinic, in-home care, etc.).
** Position requires to be able to travel to Laguna Niguel location 2X per week **
- Meet ambulatory LPN clinical competencies
- Perform clinical procedures under the supervision of a Provider
- Follows protocol for managing prescription refills and medical prior authorizations
- Follow standard work for patient care process
- Maintain effective and organized systems to ensure:
- timely patient flow
- rooms are stocked with adequate supplies
- patient information is available in the electronic health record
- maintenance of all logs and required checks
- Implement orders as directed by Provider and licensed care team member
- Ensure documentation is complete, accurate and timely: reflecting patients plan of care
- Ensures all work is being performed according to company policies, procedures and standards
- Works collaboratively with Centralized Services to support patient needs
- Participate in a variety of department initiatives to include, policies and procedures, quality assurance plans, and work standards according to OCMG’s mission, vision, goals and objectives
- Train and assist staff in a variety of workflows and procedures
- Demonstrate continued development of clinical expertise, current knowledge of healthcare trends, and knowledge and ability
- Ensures all OSHA, HIPAA and other regulations are followed
- Follows proper reporting protocols for any compliance or incident reporting as needed
- Attend assigned or mandatory meetings and trainings as required
- Other duties and responsibilities, not specifically described, maybe defined or assigned consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent by management
- Position requires to be able to travel to Laguna Niguel location
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Current Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of California
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Must hold and maintain a current/valid California driver’s license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years LPN experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification is preferred through a certifying organization, such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- All licenses and certifications must be kept current
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.