Clinical Field Services Technician - Golden, CO
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for traveling to and performing routine and complex tasks necessary to install, maintain and improve the functionality of various devices (i.e. laptops, desktops, printers, phones, network, etc..) onsite in our live clinical locations. Interact with staff to isolate software/hardware problems and assist in troubleshooting, installations, and issue resolution.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with every interaction
- Provides corporate office and clinical onsite technical support
- Ability to dispatch and quickly provide onsite remote smart hands during Major Incidents when requested
- Provides laptop and desktop support for Windows 7 and later platforms
- Responds accordingly to reports of incidents and services requests for various devices (i.e. voice, data, desktop/laptop, network, etc…) from the Ticket Management System as well as ad hoc emergency requests
- Contacts end user directly and schedules ticket resolution
- Resolves ticket or verifies resolution status with end user, contractor, or vendor
- Updates ticket with resolution and follows up with the end user
- Ensures proper ticket communication protocol including announcing arrival, work performed, status and departure
- Assists in installations and moves of departments and facilities. Performs adds, moves and changes of equipment
- Coordinates with both internal teams and external vendors as needed on application and hardware upgrades or installations
- Assists the Telecom and Network teams in phone configuration, cable installations, maintaining LAN and WAN when requested
- Install and Configure Printers as necessary
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college
- Microsoft, Network or other IT certifications preferred
- 1+ years of experience in desktop, laptop and phone troubleshooting
- Experience with a Ticket Management Syste
- 3+ years of experience in troubleshooting laptop and desktop issues in Enterprise Environment
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Citrix, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Basic Knowledge of Telecom and Network devices
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to work from ticket management system with little supervision
- Ability to think logically and use problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with very detailed information
- Ability to work with other employees in determining the nature of equipment problem
- Ability to handle fluctuating volumes of work and prioritize to meet deadlines and needs of the user community
- Current driver’s license, car insurance and a dependable vehicle
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA:
- Carrying/Lifting: Up to 50 lbs
- Standing: Minimal
- Sitting: Up to 4 hours per day
- Walking: Minimal
- Repetitive Motion: Keyboard activity, telephone use, 10-key punch
- Visual Acuity: Required to view reports and computer monitor
- Environmental Exposure: None
- Other: Climbing 6’ ladder
STRATEGY: Our goal is to increase our cadence for acquisition onboarding through the technology organization. Currently, we have multiple projects in-flight but can only go-live one at a time. Increasing this cadence will allow the acquired location to engage in our clinical business model to support the acquisition business case quickly and leading to multiple benefits.
VOLUME: Our acquisition team currently is working a target list of 55-60 clinics. When signed, these clinics enter a long backlog for infrastructure and Human Capital integration as we have a team of 1 FTE working in the acquisition space. When CO and NM entered the region with new acquisition projects, they did not bring any staff working in the area. Those who worked with CO/NM in the past have moved on to California, decreasing allocation, but leaving a resource gap. To accomplish our goals in 2022 for the MTN West Region, we will need to expand this team with new acquisition team members.
SUPPORT: With our rapid growth through acquisition in the clinical space, the need to provide local on-site support has grown considerably. In order to meet our Physician and Patient needs in our clinical environments, we must expand our field technician capability within each state in the region. Recent and future expansion in AZ and significant planned expansion in New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah in 2022 will require that we move rapidly to establish capable field technicians in each market.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.