Clinical Advocate - Behavioral Health Specialist - Surest - Remote
Surest, a UnitedHealthcare Company, (formerly Bind) provides a new approach to health benefits designed to make it easier and more affordable for people to access health care services. Our innovative company is part tech start-up, part ground-breaking service delivery-changing the way benefits serve customers and consumers to deliver meaningful results and better outcomes (and we have just begun). We understand our members and employers alike desire a user-friendly, intuitive experience that puts people in control when it comes to the choices they make and the costs they pay for medical care. At Surest, we pride ourselves in our ability to make a difference, and with the backing of our parent company, UnitedHealthcare, we can operate in the best of both worlds—the culture and pace of an innovative start-up with big company support and stability. Come join the Surest team and help us design and deliver a cutting-edge health benefit that changes the face of health care. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
At Surest, we are passionate about improving the health of our members! The Clinical Advocate- Behavioral Health Specialist is responsible for supporting members in navigating their Surest benefits to support improved health and well-being. In this role, the Clinical Advocate – Behavioral Health Specialist will focus on members and their families with mental health challenges and substance use disorders. Through telephonic coaching, resources, and referrals to applicable programs, the Clinical Advocate – Behavioral Health Specialist will work with members and their families and providers to establish a personal plan to improve their health. This position reports to the Clinical Operations Manager and has no direct reports.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Telephonically engage with Surest members to assess needs and provide the information or resources they need
- Help members understand options for treatment and associated benefits. Guide them to available resources when applicable. Engage in decision support and decision coaching conversations.
- Assist members with finding providers, navigating the Surest app, or other tools
- Use active listening skills to assess members’ current status and level of activation. Tailor conversation to meet member where they are. Offer services and support beyond their immediate request based on their underlying needs.
- Develop health goals with the member, if applicable and facilitate connecting them to resources that help them achieve their goals.
- Provide expert consultation to other Clinical Advocates on the team or other business units
- Identify and execute process improvement opportunities
- Support cross-functional projects
- Participate in experiments for innovation
- Enable ad-hoc client requests, once approved
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or equivalent education
- Fully licensed Master’s Social Work
- 3+ years of clinical experience including experience providing psychoeducation
- 1+ years of experience with outcomes review
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrated self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build relationships
- Experience in supporting families with autistic children and special needs children, substance abuse and/or mental health treatment
- Demonstrated ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Proven comfortable questioning status quo and proposing ideas for improvement
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.