Trainer, Clinical Compliance and Education - Remote
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this function is responsible for providing training and education to Optum Clinical Services staff and collaborates with the Manager, Clinical Compliance and Education in the development and provision of regulatory compliance-based care management training programs. The collaborative effort includes but is not limited to participation in the development of case management and utilization management core curriculum and strategies for ongoing competency review and documentation to ensure that all Clinical Services nursing staff meet the needs of Optum patients.
If you are located in Pacific Standard Time, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum commitment to
- superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each internal and external customer
- In collaboration with the Manager of Clinical Compliance and Education, develops policy to insure regulatory compliance and clinical operations, educational programs for all staff positions within the Clinical Services Department including development of curriculums and training modules, program goals and objectives, competency levels, schedules, and testing program
- Assures that materials comply with accreditation standards for continuing education
- Conducts evaluation of educational programs. Develops monthly, quarterly, and annual trainings
- Collaborates with the Care Management Department managers and staff to ensure high quality education resources
- In collaboration with the Manager of Clinical Compliance and Education, administers testing program consistent with required schedules and in conjunction with the managers and supervisors of each area. Documents competency levels and training completion for each employee and communicates with the employee’s supervisor regarding training status and outcomes
- Participates in the documentation effort of department workflow processes to ensure clarity and appropriate training with respect to specific tasks and job requirements
- Works closely and interacts with Manager and Utilization and Case Management teams
- Makes recommendations for clinical staff orientation requirements
- Participates in educational programs to enhance care management (utilization management and case management) compliance knowledge
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
- Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Managed Care work experience
- 3+ years of case management or utilization management
- Experience managing continuing education programs
- Compliance and/or Trainer experience
- Experience training or educating clinical and non-clinical staff
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California, Nevada, Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Nevada, Washington residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.