Clinical Program Manager
Barnes Hospital, top ranked in the nation, is hiring a Clinical Program Manager! This is a brand new position to develop the first center of excellence in the head and neck program which aims to be the best program both nationally and internationally!
- Master's degree required
- Epic, Tableau and Excel highly preferred
- PMP or Six Sigma preferred
- Great organizational skills and experience running meetings preferred
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region’s top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri’s largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe.
Provides ongoing program management of the department/programs across all geographic locations in the region. Coordinates development and implementation of strategic plans working closely with hospital(s) administration and physician leadership.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Ensures, through direction and coordination of activities, the goals and strategies of the strategic plans are developed, prioritized and implemented in collaboration with WUSM physician leaders/business directors and hospital administration. Manages joint WUSM & hospital comprehensive infrastructure, steering committees, implementation committees and subcommittees in collaboration with the WUSM physician leaders/medical directors and hospital directors/vice presidents for the purpose of addressing inpatient and outpatient services; policies, procedures and treatment protocols; supply chain; clinical outcomes; patient experience; growth and capacity planning; and financial performance.
- Leads and manages new initiatives and implementation of evidence based practice. Develops continuing alliances and communication with peer institutions. Foster relationships and collaboration amongst all key stakeholders (Clinical/non-clinical).
- Develops/executes improvement programs using solid data/analytics and lean methodologies that directly impact key metrics related to people, service, growth/innovation, quality and margin. Monitors and develops program contracts and scorecards to support analysis for use in mission support agreements, medical directorships, physician co-management, operational excellence and performance/care improvement.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Master's Degree
- Bus/HC Admin/Nursing/related
- <2 years
- < 2 years
Licenses & Certifications
- Cert/Lic/Cert Prog-Area of Exp
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer