Clinical Pharmacist - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Clinical Pharmacist (Telecommute) to work as a member of our population health interdisciplinary care management team providing direct to consumer telephonic support to advocate for safe and effective medication use and access. As our a Pharmacist on the Optum Guide Team, you will be working closely with experts that support complex member and family needs in maximizing their benefits, proactively solving administrative issues while providing complex clinical support telephonically. The Clinical Pharmacist will have clinical practice experience with evidence-based pharmacotherapy recommendations including but not limited to diabetes mellitus, heart failure, coronary artery disease, COPD, asthma, behavioral comorbidities. Clinical Pharmacist will be able to compassionately interact with members telephonically, advocating on behalf of members, and reviewing/documenting in proprietary computerized platforms. The Clinical Pharmacist will act as an internal consultant for non-clinical and clinical care team in support of the member's complex health journey. Develops and foster relationships with clinical colleagues including RN case managers and medical directors as well as internal business partners. Our pharmacist role within our advocacy model ensures care advocates and nurses have the right support for member medication needs. For our most complex members, this could mean directly interfacing with a dedicated pharmacist that understands the patient’s overall health journey to make sure their medications are aligned to treatment specifications. Or faster availability for the Care Advisors and Nurse Advisors to work behind-the-scenes with a pharmacist to speed items along on behalf of the member. Need solid interest in collaboratively developing innovative solutions in a fast-paced corporate environment with a vast array of both clinical and business partners and stakeholders.
Working Schedule: Monday to Friday 7am-4pm CT (*Varied schedule until 8pm PST if needed)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review and assess individual member clinical cases for medication-related opportunities and recommendations
- Speak with medical plan members over the telephone discussing medications including providing consultative medication-related advice
- Provide written, consultative medication recommendations for interdisciplinary care management team members
- Be available during working hours to provide verbal and written drug information responses to nursing, medical director, and other interdisciplinary colleagues
- Develop and provide interdisciplinary pharmacy-related education materials and presentations
- Actively participate in pharmacist engagement program enhancements and other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted Pharmacist license in applicable state(s) and willingness to get licensed in additional states as requested
- Active, unrestricted licensure to practice as Pharmacist in the state of Louisiana or willing to obtain within 6-months of hire date funded by organization
- Post Graduate Training (Pharmacy Residency or Fellowship) or 3+ years of equivalent clinical pharmacy experience
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree OR 10+ years of clinical experience
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) certification
- 1+ years of managed care pharmacy benefits experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools and other technical applications (i.e. EMRs)
- Completed Pharmacist Residency Program (Pharmacy Practice, Primary Care, and/or Ambulatory Care)
- Experience supporting and coordinating with Commercial PBMs, such as Optum Rx
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment