Clinical Applications Specialist - 1Rad
BJC is hiring for a Clinical Applications Specialist.
Current ARRT or CNMT Registry required
- Serves as a liaison between the Radiology Technology Team and the Radiology clinical operational teams across the BJC enterprise.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of the Radiology workflows utilized across our BJC organization and are able to develop strong professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Conducts onboarding training for all new Radiologists across the BJC organization. This includes training all Radiologists on Epic Radiant, Sectra PACS, and PowerScribe (voice dictation system), among other applications.
Skills & Experience
- 2- 5 years clinical radiology or imaging informatics experience.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to work on several complex issues at the same time.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and present data at various audience levels.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills. Able to utilize these skills in a practical manner to strategize and prioritize in collaboration with business and operational partners.
[Register to View] " width="200" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=279&hashed=[Register to View] " />
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $6.3 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 14 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
By ''Caring for Systems that Care for People'', BJC HealthCare Information Services (IS) is a key enabler of the mission, strategy and operating excellence that is associated with BJC HealthCare. Information Services is comprised of over 650 individuals working together to provide effective delivery of system development, implementation and support as well as strategic IT planning and analysis to BJC's Hospitals and Health Service Organizations.
Trains physicians and staff (and will support BJC and its Collaborative members upon request) on the use of clinical software to include the VIA library, Radimetrics for a variety of modalities with primary responsibility for the MRI and CT service lines, as well as assist physicians on the use of unfamiliar applications to provide diagnosis. Will work with Radiology and Cardiology leadership and physicians to develop standard protocols for the safe and effective use of the VIA application. Provides status updates to management on the status of license and usage of the software.
ResponsibilitiesProvides training on products to include clinicians, physicians, and other medical personnel. Provide clinical support to technical personnel and customers.Provide clinical support to physicians during the reading of diagnostic casesPerform on site configuration as well as implementation of requesting protocols and work flow solutions to optimize the use of the application.Assist with the development of new services now availible with the additional software.Keep abreast of current and future development of application and maintain the registry of issued licenses. Will maintain knowledge of various modalities, state of the art equipment and protocols to maximize applications.Prepare and gather necessary documentation for end user training at customer site.
EducationAssociate's Degree - Radiology
Licenses & CertificationsR.T.(R), CT,MR,M,BD,CI,VI,RCIS
EducationBachelor's Degree - Radiology
Licenses & CertificationsCardiopulmonary ResuscitationCert/Lic in Area of Expertise
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer