Clinical Nurse GI/GU Weekend Option
- Additional PTO (Experienced RNs only)
- Enhanced Sign-On Bonus $20,000 OR $15,000 Sign-On Bonus plus $15,000 Loan Repayment (Experienced RNs only)
- The BJC Registered Nurse Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
- Weekend Option Nights
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
GI/GU Service is consistently ranked in the top 20 in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports. We care for a diverse population of patients needing colorectal and urology surgery. We are leaders in providing Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) care. Our surgeons are leading the way in refining surgical procedures and non-operative techniques, to reduce pain, complications, and to improve outcomes. We are a 38 bed surgical unit with a goal of providing excellent care to all of our patients. Our average nurse to patient ratio is 1:4. We offer a knowledgeable staff willing to assist you with your learning process during orientation and beyond, and a learning environment to help you grow in knowledge, skills, and confidence.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
ResponsibilitiesPromotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.Develops, implements, and documents individual plans of care with defined goals in collaboration with other members of the interprofessional team and patient, family or caregiver in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Proactively plans and ensures communication of the plan of care across the continuum of care.Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs according to standards of care. Assess patient preferences and barriers to involvement in care, including their values, emotional, spiritual, cultural, and population-specific needs.BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing