Clinical Nurse- ICU Registered Nurse- (Day Shift)
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Christian Hospital is searching for a full-time RN position to provide outstanding patient care, grow and develop with in the ICU. See additional information below for your reference.
- The BJC Registered Nurse Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education, and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
- Up to $15,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits Eligible
- 40 Hours per Week
- 3 12hr shifts (Day Shift)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- ADN required
Additional Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Telemetry, Stepdown Unit, ER exp. preferred
- Certification/Licensure in Area of Expertise preferred
- 1- 2 yrs of RN exp preferred
[Register to View] " width="139" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96733&hashed=-[Register to View] " />
Christian Hospital has been serving St. Louis and the surrounding metro areas since 1903. U.S. News & World Report ranks Christian Hospital No. 5 in St. Louis for overall clinical excellence and No. 9 in Missouri, which puts us in the top 6% of all hospitals in the state!
The U.S. News adult methodology ranks clinical specialties and rates common care procedures and conditions. Christian was nationally ranked as “high performing” in the clinical specialty of geriatrics and in the following seven of 21 common procedures and conditions: heart attack, heart failure, kidney failure, diabetes, COPD, pneumonia and stroke. High performing in a specialty means we were in the top 10% nationally of all evaluated hospitals for that specialty or procedure and condition.
Northwest HealthCare, six miles west of Christian, offers 24- hour emergency care, the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of outpatient diagnostic and imaging services.
The ICU at Christian Northeast is a 26 bed intensive care unit. We practice primary nursing and have 24 hour critical care physician coverage. The ICU RNs are ACLS certified and have received specialized critical care training. Our services include but are not limited to Pre/Post-op Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiac, Neuro, Pulmonary, Renal, and Medical. The ICU nurses and critical care physicians are responsible for responding to emergency calls in all of the inpatient areas. Our vision is to exceed the expectations of our patients and their families by delivering compassionate care and clinical excellence.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
ResponsibilitiesPromotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.Develops, implements, and documents individual plans of care with defined goals in collaboration with other members of the interprofessional team and patient, family or caregiver in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Proactively plans and ensures communication of the plan of care across the continuum of care.Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs according to standards of care. Assess patient preferences and barriers to involvement in care, including their values, emotional, spiritual, cultural, and population-specific needs.BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing