Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing Clinicians like you!
We have immediate opportunity for an experienced Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner to join our Primary Care team in Mission Hills, CA. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
- Optum Clinic Locations: Mission Hills, CA
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Manage patient care in outpatient setting
- Consults, follow-up appointments, well-checks, schedule screenings
- Comfortable seeing patients of all ages; primarily adults/senior base
- Average Daily Patient Census: 18-20 patients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification beyond a four-year college
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current AANP certification
- Unrestricted CA PA/NP license
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- 1+ years of experience in Primary Care required, managed care setting preferred
- EMR Proficient
- Excellent patient care and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, team player, adaptable to changing priorities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus plan and comprehensive benefit package including medical malpractice coverage, generous PTO and holidays, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, available supplemental insurance plans and 401K plan.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
We’re changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus, and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. All this together is your time to do your life’s best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.