Opportunities with American Health Network, OptumCare partner. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also an OptumCare partner, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being. Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its providers, its role in health care, and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life’s best work.(sm)
The Dietician educates individuals and groups on good nutritional habits and exercise and assists patients in controlling specific diseases managed through individual intervention and lifestyle changes.
Schedule: flexible - ability to work 4 days per week, 10 hour shifts OR 5 days per week / No evenings, weekends, or holidays!
- PATIENT CARE FUNCTIONS
- Educates patients on appropriate diet and nutrition for individually specific needs; translates the science of nutrition into everyday information about food
- Advises patients on the practical ways in which they can improve their health by incorporating lifestyle and dietary changes into their daily lives
- Calculates patients' nutritional requirements using assessments of blood chemistry, height and weight, stress, mobility, and other relevant factors
- Works with patients to establish dietary and nutritional goals
- Develops assessments, plans, and goals in the electronic medical record; and distributes them to doctors as needed
- Serves as a liaison between patients and the medical staff in order to incorporate the patients’ dietary needs into their treatment programs.
- Develops handouts, brochures, and other educational materials and distributes them to patients
- Conducts nutrition research on the latest dieting trends; analyzes the nutritional content of food available in the market, including new products
- Answers patients’ questions and addresses concerns regarding their diet, dietary supplements, and alternative approaches they may be taking
- Conducts regular patient follow-up
- OTHER FUNCTIONS
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as requested
- Reviews current literature and attends training sessions and seminars to keep informed of new developments in the field
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of nutrition and dietetics
- Knowledge of patient education principles
- Ability to apply the most current scientific information available to nutrition assessments.
- Ability to instruct and conduct proper glucometer testing
- Ability to instruct and administer GLP-1 and insulin injections and be confident and careful working with bodily fluids
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail systems, and web-based programs
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- RD or CD designation
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people, both on a one-on-one basis and in meetings and group presentations; must be able to relate to and work with ill, emotionally upset, and sometimes hostile people
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to think logically in order to troubleshoot, analyze situations, and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move constantly throughout the workday
- Ability to push, pull, lift, move, and/or carry up to 15 pounds
- Good speaking and listening skills
- Exceptional sensory skills such as visual acuity, hearing and dexterity
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.