Nutritionist - Indianapolis, IN
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The nutritionist helps execute enterprise strategies to advance a culture of health. This position will be based in Indiana.
- Serves as a resource for UnitedHealthcare’s care management and service coordination teams, including reviewing care plans for members who are on medically prescribed diets, receiving gastric tube feeding or experiencing weight loss
- Identifies members who are at nutritional risk in accordance with medical standards and provides intervention recommendations to our care teams
- Manages and participates in the audit of work sites continuously to confirm compliance with dining program recommendations
- Responds to member or caregiver inquiries regarding nutrition services
- Develops and manages project charters and deployment plan, including project milestones, success measures, funding needs and issue logs
- Works with business partners to monitor ongoing performance metrics relative to the project Partners with the Dental Manager to develop programs that address the relationship between nutrition and dental health
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Dietician licensed in Indiana (RDN required)
- 5+ years of work experience in business or health management
- Experience in LTSS or with the program population
- Experience with gastric tube feeding, weight loss and prescribed diets
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Solid project management and organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Solid business acumen and financial analysis skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.