Associate Director of Provider Services - Telecommute in Rhode Island
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ve been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. You’ve learned to lead. You’ve built a deep expertise in health care network operations. You’ve set your sights on having more impact in more ways. It’s time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. We’re driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. In this leadership role, you’ll use your solid background in provider services to lead teams with the goal of ensuring quality of interactions and performance of providers in our networks. As you do, you’ll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
If you are located in Rhode Island, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversee end-to-end performance of provider network servicing and performance
- Identify and resolve technical, operational, and organizational problems
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Drive the design and implementation of programs that build/nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers, and practice managers
- Ensure implementation of training and education programs for external providers
- Identify gaps in network composition and services to assist network contracting and development teams
Ready for a challenge of a lifetime? You’ll lead a performance driven, fast paced organization as you track and implement market trends, develop future strategies, and build out financials. You’ll need to drive a high sense of urgency for escalations around claims issues and payment agreements across your teams.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of provider relations experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- 3+ years of experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Ability to call on RI Providers and live in RI
- Intermediate level of knowledge of claims processing
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Undergraduate degree
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.