Senior Director of Operations - Colorado Springs, CO
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role receives direction operationally from the Market CEO and will work closely in collaboration with Primary Care physician leadership to improve quality, cost and patient service and the financial and operational performance of the organization. It will be the responsibility of this individual to ensure a positive and productive relationship with internal and external business partners as well as patients and providers
- Develop strategies to implement organizational mission, vision and values that optimize patient outcomes and financial performance; facilitates excellent customer service and satisfaction while achieving organization-specific financial goals
- Develops and participates in company-wide policy and procedures to monitor and ensure company and regulatory compliance and consistency
- Develop and implement the strategic plan for Primary Care departments aimed at supporting financial, clinical, cultural and customer service goals in conjunction with physician leadership
- Work with division management teams and Physician leaders to develop and manage operational budgets for business units
- Develop and monitors key indicators for all aspects of clinic operations
- Develop and monitors annual Capital budget and the CAR process
- Evaluate proformas and analysis for new business opportunities including the addition of new services or facilities
- Develop plans for employee engagement including provider recruitment / retention, staff development, training, mentoring and performance management
- Develops marketing strategies aimed at retaining and increasing membership, developing new markets, and achieving strategic multi-payer opportunities
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations as well as company policies, processes, and procedures
- Accountable for interviewing, selection, orientation, development, evaluation, discipline, and competency of the division staff
- Actively participates as the organization’s representative on boards, community, and health-related agencies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business administration, and/or related field
- 5+ years of successful leadership and management experience in a health care facility, medical practice management, or medical mangement
- 5+ years of experience with manged healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement and risk mangement
- Knowledge and experience in a managed care environment
- Knowledge of capitation and non-capitation, Medicare advantage and fee for service, physician recruitment, and contracting managed health care systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement, and risk management
- Understanding of federal and state regulations and compliance issues
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated solid leadership and organizational skills and excellent communication skills
- Proven solid ability to develop people
- Demonstrated solid sense of integrity and ability to command respect of patients and employees at all levels
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.