Director of Vendor Program Management - El Segundo, Ontario or Irvine, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for management of vendor activities needed to support the Risk Adjustment initiatives across the existing and new Care Delivery Organizations within Optum CA. The incumbent will drive CA strategy and will partner closely with the clinical and operations leads of various super regions. Key responsibilities include identification and management of best use of vendor services to supplement efforts from our employed model to provide patient care through annual health assessments and closure of quality gaps.
Candidates have a choice between El Segundo, Ontario or Irvine locations with 3 days on-site. Additional travel may be needed occasionally within SoCal.
- Manages a team of program managers, project managers and coordinators by conducting regular 1:1s, provide feedback and manage performance
- Day-to-day management and support for on-the-ground implementation of vendor support for at least 3 vendors including audits and ride-along to manage quality
- Oversight of outcomes and processes for all vendors supporting the CA Market
- Supports contracting and negotiation for vendors to support the CA Market
- Leads CA strategy for patient identification and prioritization for vendor visits in collaboration with Analytics and Operations teams
- Leads standardization of workflows for care delivery and unform patient experience across vendors and the geographies
- Develop strategy and implements plans for onboarding of vendor support for new CA markets and PCP groups
- Develops and maintains a diverse pool of vendors to support various use cases and needs from the Operations teams including home visits, virtual visits, embedded clinics, caller outreach support, focus on care screenings
- Collaborates with regional management on patient prioritization and vendor matching to optimize outcomes
- Interacts closely with central management by collaborating on development of regional programs and disseminating, managing, and overseeing central initiatives and data reporting to key stakeholders
- Accountability on evaluating effectiveness of each activity associated with the program
- Reviews and evaluates team performance for productivity and reliability
- Oversees coordination of physician offices and embedded ACP schedules
- Monitors embedded APC productivity and reimbursement
- Oversight of audits to assess vendor quality, impact and compliance with Optum CA policies and procedures
- Oversee Member Incentives payment process supported by teammates for our CA patients
- Participates in process improvement projects related to work performed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of experience in tracking, planning projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree
- Project Management license (e.g., PMP)
- Vendor Management Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Solid Information Technology background
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite including intermediate to high-end user of Microsoft Access and Excel
- Solid understanding of the principles governing healthcare reimbursement including ICD-10 / CPT coding
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with staff, clinicians and management
- Ability to effectively manage a small team of coordinators, project managers, and program managers
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.