Associate Director of Customer Insights - Telecommute U.S.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Market and Customer Insights team at Optum provides business leaders with actionable customer insights to help them achieve their business objectives through primary research (qualitative and quantitative). This team has a great opportunity for an Associate Director of Customer Insights to join this collaborative team. This position will be responsible for proactively informing and understanding the B2B customer experience for businesses within OptumInsight. The position will focus on identifying ways to better meet B2B customers’ needs, representing the voice of the B2B customer in initiatives and leading other strategic research and analytical initiatives to help OptumInsight achieve their business objectives within their various lines of business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive customer insights and work seamlessly with cross functional partners to proactively support the strategic initiatives across OptumInsight. Be a trusted insight partner to the teams
- Lead market research efforts to inform and evaluate the B2B customer experience, marketing and products and services as part of a core team focused on OptumInsight
- Manage complex studies from start to finish using internal and external resources
- Analyze data to identify strengths, pain points and competitive gaps in order to be strategic and identify tactical actions for the business to take
- Drive thought leadership around new, innovative ways to approach primary research that accommodates diverse environments, scale, and continuous B2B customer engagement opportunities for the business
- Ensure all data security, quality, regulatory, stakeholder requirements are met
- Support the Optum Market and Customer Insights team in helping bring the voice of the B2B customer to Optum
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, public health, statistics, marketing research, marketing or related field
- 7+ years of relevant B2B market research, with moderation skills
- 7+ years of experience analyzing data, including synthesizing data from multiple sources to tell a concise, compelling, strategic story and make actionable recommendations
- Experience designing, implementing, and analyzing research studies, including identifying recommended actions to take based on results
- Experience working with external vendors to conduct research and using internal agile tools
- Experience in statistical and market research tools such as Qualtrics and SPSS
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to travel up to 10%, on occasion as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree in psychology, sociology, public health, statistics, marketing research, marketing or related field
- Health care industry experience
- Experience building and strengthening relationships with internal business partners and market research firms
- Demonstrated aptitude for detail as well as the ability to understand the big picture
- Solid verbal and written communication skills as well as solid problem-solving abilities
- Work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Passion for understanding the customer
- Strategic perspective
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.