Director of Development, Pacific Northwest - Everett, WA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Development for PNW at Optum Care will report to the VP of Development for Pacific West at OptumCare in a highly visible role working with the local and regional market leadership in OR and WA (PNW) to execute on strategic growth initiatives. In doing so, the Director of Development will help build relationships with local market prospects and work across local and national support functions including development, finance, operations and clinical performance to drive strategic transactions through closure.
The Director of Development will be a high energy individual who is able to drive strategic activity and other growth initiatives that contribute to the results of Optum Care PNW. They will be business‐minded with a core focus on growth, relationship building, and operational efficiency. The successful candidate will quickly grasp the key business drivers and cost levers to establish credibility within Optum Care and our counterparties and be able to clearly articulate a coherent value proposition and successfully manage multiple work streams.
If you are located in the Pacific Northwest, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Transactional Leadership and Excellence: The Director will serve as primary front-facing Development leader in the PNW market, taking ownership over all aspects of acquisition phases including valuation, due diligence, negotiation and closing. They will work closely with the financial analyst/manager, legal, due diligence and integration teams and with the business areas to drive efficient execution of high value transactions that advance our mission. They will manage and perform rigorous analysis of operational and financial aspects on the potential transactions to determine the valuation and will develop and present transaction materials to the senior management team and the transaction approval committee. They will understand how to successfully operate in a complex organization and will demonstrate an outstanding commitment to customer service and quality to all external and internal customers while working closely with local, regional and national teams across the enterprise
- Strategic Relationship Development: The Director of Development will build tangible and trusted business relationship with internal customers and external parties by cultivating positive and open communication and delivering on commitments. The Director of Development will work closely with local market leaders to identify, develop and manage strategic relationships that support Optum Care PNW’s long range plan and strategic priorities. They will also develop and cultivate positive and open relationship with physician groups and other potential partners in support of successful execution of strategic growth initiatives
- Lead and Develop High Performing Teams Across Functions: The Director of Development will consistently demonstrate integrity and promote leadership behavior that creates a results‐oriented culture. They will develop meaningful connections with team members across the Pacific West and contribute to creating highly engaged and high-performing teams. They will also form and lead cross‐functional teams for the due diligence process, defining contribution expectations based on the needs of specific opportunities being pursued and creating engagement and alignment across the functional lanes to successfully deliver on enterprise goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years in a progressive strategic/financial/transaction career with a combination of solid interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience in M&A execution and leading deal discussions with primary principals
- Experience in strategic planning, business development, or corporate development
- Experience building and motivating cross-functional teams
- Client experience in a high‐touch service business environment
- Ability to travel regionally to cultivate relationships with internal and external partners (up to 20% of the time)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- MBA graduate
- Transaction experience in investment banking, private equity or corporate development
- Experience in the healthcare industry, particularly in healthcare services, ambulatory care, integrated delivery systems and/or physician practice management
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.