ECF CHOICES Member Advocate - Telecommute - Middle Grand Region Area of TN - $5000 Sign - On Bonus
**$5,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this position you will serve as a specialized member advocate for individuals with intellectual or other types of developmental disabilities in the Middle Grand Region area of Tennessee.
The ECF CHOICES Member Advocate is responsible for planning, developing, and operation of the member advocacy program for the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (UHCCP) TennCare ECF CHOICES Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) program in Middle Grand Region of Tennessee.
This is a remote, work from home position with possible field work approximately 25% of the time.
If you are located in the Middle Grand Region of Tennessee, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops and implements annual plan for TennCare ECF CHOICES Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) member advocacy program and related activities designed to meet Contractor Risk Agreement (CRA) requirements
- Develops partnership and collaborates with community agencies, organizations, and faith-based institutions in designated region
- Assists ECF CHOICES members to resolve social determents of health (SDOH) needs and navigation of the health plan. Escalates issues as appropriate
- Facilitates and manages Member Advisory Group and Members Only Advisory meetings and activities for designated region
- Represents the ECF CHOICES members’ interests including, but not limited to, planning and delivery of long-term care services and supports, ECF CHOICES QM/QI activities, program monitoring and evaluation, as well as member, family, and provider education
- Works to ensure member satisfaction. Identifies member dissatisfaction risks and escalates and/or resolves as appropriate
- Provides cross coverage of CHOICES advocacy issues, when other team members are out
- Field based position. Involves time out of the office and travel within the service area
- Performs other related functions as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must meet one of the following:
- Current, unrestricted independent licensure as a Social Worker
- 4- year or higher degree in a related field (e.g., psychology, counseling, etc. plus 3+ years of experience working directly with the development and implementation of services designed to meet the needs of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- LPN with 5+ years of direct experience with of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- 3+ years of experience working with community support organizations available to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD) organizations addressing SDoH (e.g., food banks, non-emergent transportation, utility assistance, housing / rapid re-housing assistance, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience providing community outreach and facilitating member advisory meetings/patient-family councils
- 1+ years of experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable about member benefits of TennCare and Medicare including administration of benefits
- Experience with TennCare ECF CHOICES service delivery or Department Intellectual and Developmental Disability (DIDD) services
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel within the Middle Grand Region area of TN, when required, to meet with members, community representatives and providers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s level Social Worker
- Experience working with diverse populations, demonstrating cultural competency and community awareness
- Background in Managed Care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.