Associate Director - External Partnerships - Telecommute in the State of MN
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Associate Director- External Partnerships will build partnerships, bridge communication and offer solutions through a culturally appropriate delivery system for Minnesota Health Care Programs (Medicaid) members statewide. The role is required to work with community stakeholders to develop and facilitate health services that are culturally responsive. The position collaborates with counties, the state, medical and behavioral health (BH) shareholders and other community and public health agencies to support service delivery.
If you are located in the State of Minnesota, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, manage, and maintain strong relationships with community-based organizations, public health agencies, government entities, faith-based organizations and Minnesota Medicaid and Long-Term Care providers to build trust, align work with the State’s priorities for health and healthy opportunities
- Lead implementation of all market engagement initiatives including market events with counties, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, provider groups and associations
- Analyzes various types of internal and external data to determine types of educational opportunities to develop in assigned territory
- Manage short- and long-term projects, manage products and relationships, coordinating with local communities, government entities and internal stakeholders, to advance Minnesota’s long-term strategies
- Schedule and participate in education and awareness events for Medicaid Beneficiaries in assigned Region
- Develop project plan to align with State’s key health priorities and support health education programs as they relate to the target Medicaid population while adhering to Minnesota Medicaid and Long-Term Care marketing guidelines
- Develop and coordinate community roundtable events and quarterly community advisory boards meetings
- Perform post-event evaluations, summarize, and identify enhancements
- Represent UnitedHealthcare at Association meetings, forums, and applicable conferences
- Make recommendations to leadership regarding funding for special projects, and subsequently, manage the end-to-end grant process for the local grantee
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in a public health or related field
- 5+ years of experience navigating cross-functional internal and external teams in matrixed environment
- 5+ years of experience working with senior leadership- internal and external facing- including C-suite, Government, and external community leaders
- Experience building relationships with county social services, public health, and/or other community-based organizations.
- Experience working to convene community stakeholders inclusive of healthcare systems, community-based organizations, government entities, etc.
- Experience owning projects or products within a managed care organization or public agency
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Reside within Minnesota
- Ability to complete day travel within a region up to 25-50% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's degree in a public health, public administration, or related field
- Experience with Minnesota Health Care Programs, Minnesota Department of Human Services managed care contracting and/or with government regulators
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.