Director of Technology - Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Some jobs push you to be your best by enabling you to use your technical savvy, systems expertise and healthcare experience. This is that job. You will need to put all of your leadership vision forward as you lead teams of highly skilled, passionate people. At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. We're bringing more resources, more data and more challenges to our work as we continue to help shape the way health care systems perform. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be.
Optum Behavioral Health Solutions Care Delivery (OBHSCD) is a rapidly growing business within UnitedHealth Group. OBHSCD seeks to deliver high-value and efficient behavioral health systems that can be scaled nationally, and the company will continue to grow rapidly over the next 5 years. OBHSCD will build and scale the premier national behavioral health system for health systems, payers, state programs, and beyond.
As a Director - Technology , you’ll be designing the next generation Care Delivery Platform and guide the teams to drive and manage high-quality execution and operational excellence, as they deliver technology solutions that meet business needs and maximize customer experience, growth and retention. This is the place where you can do more with the support and resources of a Fortune 6 company.
With big technical problems to solve - you'll have the chance to push boundaries and create something new.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and take on unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Deliver business transformation through disruptive technology innovation
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of many technical areas in technology through experience and academic achievement
- Collaborate with Business stakeholders to understand their functional needs, research and evaluate new products that address the requirements, and formulate COTS and custom solutions that integrate with existing platforms
- Design and build the next generation Behavioral care delivery platform with support for core clinical and administration services
- Deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams in highly matrixed organizations
- Makes design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, algorithms and determines best practices, tool strategy
- Ability to coach and collaborate - you enjoy working closely with others, pairing and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work
- Lead change and innovation - pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes - drive and mange high-quality execution across organizational lines
- Communicate with impact - influence and negotiate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders to achieve win-win solutions that advance organizational goals
- Providing industry expertise that will support and guide business decisions around strategic investments
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 12+ years of professional IT and/or relevant business experience
- 5+ years Health Care IT experience (Ex: Practice Management, Disease Management, Care Management, Risk Management, collaborative care model - COCM, etc.)
- Experience with implementing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) for a large Healthcare organization
- Evaluate and understand a variety of modeling and/or diagramming techniques, with the ability to create process flow diagrams and the ability read data flow and entity relationship models
- Collaborative skills working within a project team of diverse skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with Interoperability and data exchange (Interface Engines, HL7, CDA, FHIR)
- Experience of leveraging data and insights to drive strategic business decisions, business outcomes, including identifying risks and mitigation tactics
- Experience communicating with and influencing thinking of C-Suite executives
- Experience with cross-functional, system thinking leadership and execution of complex, organization-wide initiatives. Includes driving functional dependencies outside of immediate control to align to joint objectives
- Behavioral care industry
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.