Associate Director of Policy Product Management - Remote US
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you want to be a part of new growth within UnitedHealthcare (UHC) then this is the perfect opportunity for you. As part of our Individual & Family Plan (IFP) business, we are expanding our product portfolio to serve a diverse set of members and meet the needs our state and federal partners. This new opportunity and role will be a key part of our Product Management and Regulatory Alignment team, supporting the newly-formed Policy & Coverage Management pillar. The Policy Product Manager will directly support the business oversight of our policy forms filed with state regulators. Interested applicants should be interested in new growth opportunities, have excellent attention to detail and be able to collaborate across the organization.
Major Responsibilities: This position will have multiple responsibilities to support the successful, accurate, and timely filing of our policies, including tight alignment with state Benchmark plans, competitor filings, and market-specific business strategies. This position will serve a key role managing our benefit and coverage source of truth information and supporting the further build out and management of State Mandates, EHBs, competitor coverage and state Benchmarks. This role will also have responsibility for supporting the Policy & Coverage team in order to ensure that all Product-related requirements are successfully executed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a key contributor on the IFP Product Management and Regulatory Alignment team directly supporting the Policy & Coverage Management pillar.
- Support Policy & Coverage Management’s engagement with Regulatory, Legal, Clinical, Pharmacy and other business partners ensuring national generic COC and state specific COCs are in alignment with the regulatory environment.
- Maintain Product team’s Medical Coverage Repository (source of truth) documentation of all filed coverage, benefits, limits and exclusions.
- Build and manage a robust and comprehensive database on mandates, EHB, BMP while offering consistent communication and education to our internal partners.
- Streamline internal documentation and prepare for internal automation in order to support the behind the scenes work completed by dedicated team members completing policy analysis as listed in the building accountabilities above.
- Serve as Team Lead to concatenate quantifiable and qualitative date to support IFP Product Management strategy and help support business decisions.
- Prepare and communicate program level status reporting to key stakeholders.
- Exhibit solid understanding of business strategies and develop solid ties to matrix partners
- Actively contribute new ideas and support ad hoc projects, including time-sensitive requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant healthcare experience in product or program management role
- Master’s degree
- Individual Market, Medicaid, or Commercial insurance experience, including direct experience managing state and federal product filings
- Analytical skills and ability to review data and make fact-based decisions and/or recommendations
- Able to balance strategic thinking with the urgency to drive work forward
- Adapt quickly to changes in work direction and able to pivot work accordingly
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Team player with solid ability to form working professional relationships
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.