Associate Director of Sourcing Procurement - Remote
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position offers an exciting opportunity within UnitedHealth Group’s Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement group for an experienced sourcing and contracting professional. The role will involve the procurement of strategic suppliers in support of critical enterprise operations in order to advance the quality, competitiveness and agility of UnitedHealth Group.
The Sourcing & Procurement Associate Director will collaborate with business leaders on supplier strategy, negotiate contract terms, develop supplier solutions and complete contracts within our BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) category. This is a challenging position requiring well-rounded knowledge of BPO operations involving outsourcing-related supplier solutions for unique needs across UnitedHealth Group entities. We are looking for a proven procurement professional who can juggle multiple priorities, solve complex problems and successfully deliver on initiatives that will often have broad and meaningful impact on the business.
Working within Sourcing & Procurement, your main functions will include Category Strategy and Planning, Business Collaboration, Contract Negotiations and Execution, Strategic Sourcing and Contract Execution.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. If located in the Minneapolis area, this position is hybrid in-office.
- Engage, research, and develop category strategy in collaboration with business leaders
- Understand stakeholders’ needs and facilitate the negotiation of requirements among multiple stakeholders
- Draft, review and negotiate terms of agreements with Suppliers, Risk and Legal teams to optimize commercial outcomes, drive risk mitigation and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory protocols
- Analyze current BPO trends, forecast future performance, identify value creating or cost savings opportunities and make procurement recommendations
- Proactively monitor and analyze performance and trends within BPO operations in order to identify and highlight issues and opportunities that support the business
- Conduct strategic sourcing events (RFP’s) and manage the evaluation and selection of BPO suppliers
- Develop, implement, and execute strategic sourcing practices, processes and techniques across all areas of contact/call center operations
- Identify opportunities, make recommendations, and obtain agreement for re-sourcing and re-negotiation of on-going supplier relationships and execute on the same
- Collaborate with business teams and legal resources to address supplier performance, create corrective action plans, conduct termination events
- Document cost reduction achievements across business segments
- Meet project timelines at the customer and corporate levels
The ideal candidate will have developed very solid networking and contracting skills, through experience in business process outsourcing, indirect procurement services and/or supplier management. This will ideally include sourcing skills, consensus-building with business partners, supplier negotiations, contracting, and securing savings for the organization.
Successful candidates will be proven self-starters, able to maintain a high level of client focus and adapt to a rapidly changing environment, with excellent organizational skills, communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management and executive leadership at both procurement and business unit levels.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience leading category strategy, leveraging data and insights to drive decision making process for commodity or category
- 4+ years progressive experience in procurement, supplier management, and/or leading strategic teams or projects involving labor services
- 2+ years of experience constructing, drafting, and negotiating agreements such as complex statements of work, service level agreements, strategy, or category plans
- Advanced understanding of labor market and services
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Travel up to 10%, as required
- 4+ years of experience in BPO commodity management
- Experience in vendor strategy and contracting for BPO services
- Experience with generating and evaluating competitive-bid sourcing events
- Experience analyzing contracts and spend data to support the development of sourcing and contracting strategies
- Experience developing strategies to support contracting and risk mitigation activity
- Experience working with Vendors and performing contract compliance oversight
- Experience in health insurance or managed care industry
- Ability to analyze data to infer trends and support decision making process
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate through ambiguities/difficult obstacles using facts, alternatives identification, open-mindedness, thought-through strategy, and superior leadership
- Demonstrated track record of success in a high demand, multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated consultative and influencing skills in order to gain buy-in and support of customers and leadership in a matrixed environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealth Group. Discover rewarding opportunities as we help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. Join a team of people who are talented, compassionate and driven. We will support you with the global outreach, resources and inclusive culture we’re proud to foster as a Fortune 5 company. We encourage you to grow as we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.