Director of CAHPS or HOS Survey Administration - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Government Programs Quality team within UnitedHealthcare is accountable for achieving high quality performance across clinical, pharmacy, patient experience, health outcomes and operations for Medicare, Medicaid, and dual special needs plans. The Sars program managed by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is critical to the continuous improvement in the quality of healthcare. We are constantly looking for ways to innovate, challenge the status quo, and push for excellence for our members.
The Director of Survey Design and Administration will lead the survey design and administration functions for Medicare and Medicaid. This role will oversee the administration of regulatory Consumer Assessment of Health Plans and Systems surveys (CAHPS), the Health Outcomes Surveys (HOS), and other regulated surveys; compliant with CMS and NCQA requirements and specifications. You will be accountable for creation, design, and development of proxy surveys in partnership with cross functional partners. In this role you will work extensively across teams to evolve best practices and for survey measurement and communicating results with leadership and business partners.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Telecommute US must work Central/Eastern time zone
- Oversees Administration of regulatory Consumer Assessment of Health Plans and Systems surveys (CAHPS), the Health Outcomes Surveys (HOS), and other regulated surveys
- Administration and design of non-regulatory experience surveys
- Oversees the overall survey spend ($8.5MM) for survey administration
- Lead survey design and strategy (inclusive of, but not limited to survey administration)
- Adding accountability for Px Survey which touches 1 M members annually and is core source for Patient Experience performance in MA-PCPi incentive model which impacts 10K+ providers
- Engage w enterprise leaders, including negotiations w/ QFO and OptumCare senior leadership, as we embark on creating one aligned Patient Experience survey in 2024 and sunsetting current one
- Partner across teams to continuously evolve survey design, processes, and reporting
- Manage the relationship with survey vendors and partner with the Procurement team for development of RFPs and SOWs
- Oversees the reporting of survey results to executive leadership and business partners, including executive monthly reporting, dashboards, and contract level reports
- Report results to committees, stakeholders, regulatory agencies, etc. and respond to questions or solicit feedback and input
- Leads team of survey administrators to ensure surveys are executed flawlessly and resolves technical, operational, and organizational problems impeding execution of surveys
- Manages the end-to-end data processes between internal teams and survey vendors ensuring regulations and internal and external protocols for communicating information is compliant
- Partners with Analytics team to set survey sample strategies ensuring adequate responses are collected for each of the surveys
- Educate, motivate, and/or influence others (e.g., leadership, other stakeholders, including those for whom there is no direct line of authority) to understand the overall scope, overcome potential barriers, and engage in and commit to the process
- Communicate and explain applicable standards (e.g., industry/performance) and/or technical specifications and identified gaps and/or changes in applicable standards
- Train others on relevant policies, rules, or regulations (e.g., appropriate release of data, handling protected health information)
- Serve as a resource providing explanations and expertise (e.g., providing information to others, perception survey, interventions)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of work experience in patient experience survey design in healthcare
- 8+ years of healthcare survey administration
- 5+ years of vendor management (preferably survey vendors)
- 5+ years of experience with consumer assessments and consumer needs
- Experience within large, matrix organizations with demonstrated business results
- Advanced level data analysis experience
- Proficient level experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree
- 3+ years of Leadership with direct reports
- CAHPS survey administration experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare M&R Underwriting & HCE. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.