Senior Director of International Tax
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
- Review and approval of the income tax provision under ASC 740-10 for projection cycles, quarterly and annual reporting as it relates to Statutory and US GAAP filings which include an analysis of book to Tax Permanent and Temporary differences
- Supporting and reviewing the analyzation of the US GAAP to Local Tax permanent and temporary adjustments on foreign legal entity tax provision submissions in approximately 60 countries around the world to determine U.S. Earnings and Profit (E&P), Tax Pool impact, GILTI, FDII and BEAT calculations
- Responsible for all Direct and Indirect tax compliance including oversight of work performed by COE and external consultants
- Respond to local Direct and Indirect tax notices, provide documentation and support to controversy group for audit support
- Ensure tax accounting rules and tax legislation are properly applied to local market provision submissions in compliance with corporate standards
- Provide information supporting distributions and quarterly cash tax forecasting
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant tax laws, local statutory tax rates, the ability to research technical issues and identify cash tax and/or effective tax rate opportunities
- Ability to manage diverse ex-US tax professional teams
- Assist in executing the implementation of tax projects and initiatives including modelling
- Proactively identify key issues, takes ownership to deliver efficient responses
- Problem solver who will analyze unique and complex foreign tax issues by applying advanced ASC 740-10 principles which impact the company’s financials
- Expand and grow the knowledge of direct reports by teaching/explaining complex tax law and the impact it has to the financials
- Governance of the service provided by third party tax service provider including contracting, annual agreement of services, budget setting and spend monitoring including regular meetings to review service delivery, issue escalation and future planning
- Pro-active team management to ensure that team is staffed with right resources, appropriately trained and developed, and work is allocated appropriately
The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background in local taxes, expertise in the application of ASC-740 (FAS 109) Accounting for Income Taxes, foreign Direct and Indirect taxes. Experience with the TaxStream provision software is very beneficial along with strong Excel and SharePoint skills. The individual in this role must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to operate within a complex tax environment and support multiple internal and external customers:
- Experience managing a large team of tax professionals
- University degree in Accounting with a Masters of Tax/Finance or CPA License or equivalent
- 15+ years of work experience including knowledge of the complex manufacturing environment in multiple jurisdictions
- Solid technology background with knowledge of OneSource Provision (TaxStream), SharePoint, Excel along with other Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and interpret complex problems/data gathered from a variety of sources and through effective decision-making and planning, deliver superior business solutions to various stakeholders
- Experience working with legal entity forecasted data
- Ability to work autonomous
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a time sensitive environment
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience, at multiple levels within the company, through various formats, i.e., presentations, written proposals/reports
- Effective and able to coach and develop others
- Ability to travel domestic and globally, up to one week at a time, with advanced notice
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.