Associate Director of Payment Integrity, Business Performance & Transformation - Hybrid
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
We have a key role open for the Associate Director Business Performance & Transformation; Payment Integrity based in Ireland.
About The Role:
This is a key management position, based in Ireland, within a high value, fast paced and growing function and will lead significant change and transformation within the operations reporting to Senior Director / VP. The successful candidate is accountable directly and indirectly through a matrix team. You will be partnering with key value streams and business units within Optum Payment Integrity Organization. This role is essential for supporting the mission of affordable health system for all and drive financial savings. Working within the Business Performance Unit, you’ll have the opportunity to work collaboratively within a high-performance team, responsible for driving successful Transformation Program.
- Develop Non-Clinical Business Process Improvement & Transformation Strategy to support an ambitious growth target across cost efficiency and medical cost savings.
- Partner with Operations leaders/teams, Analytics, R&D(Research & Development), Technology to develop Business Process Improvement & Transformation Strategy and to create CBA, execution roadmap/resource needs, assess capital needs.
- Identify, lead specific strategic projects/initiatives while also keeping track of all initiatives within the overall strategy.
- Ensure operational performance improvements are tracked accurately, by establishing and automating statistical control models for value streams, utilizing internal tools and processes (e.g., dashboards; scorecards; reports) to update relevant stakeholders on the status of work projects, with operational improvements and root cause actions taken quickly to remedy under performance, develop corrective action plans to address and resolve relevant stakeholders' concerns or issues regarding program performance as required.
- Monitor and propose changes to performance metrics in partnership with finance, Analytics, workforce management / industrial engineering and ensuring benefits are accounted in P&L and productivity reports.
- Provide guidance and assistance to internal and external (client) partners to ensure programs and strategies are implemented effectively and value realized.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, ability to influence without authority to gain support and buy-in for proposed business process solutions and adherence to team requirements
- Communicate with Leadership/Senior Leadership about progress, challenges and actions required to remove hurdles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Undergraduate degree with equivalent experience in Transformation, Change Management, Strategy
- Strong communication skills and experience communicating at Leadership levels
- Proven track record in developing Transformation Strategy, driving Change Management, identifying and driving Innovation, or related functions
- Prove track record in managing large scale complex programs within a matrix environment
- Trained and experienced in process improvement and change management methodologies like Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent degree from reputed university
- Six Sigma certified with understanding of LEAN process
- Knowledge of US Healthcare industry, major healthcare entities, Member/Eligibility and claims lifecycle
- Experience with Payment Integrity business, Health Technology or Healthcare Financial Services
- Identifying and leading growth activities through optimization/improvement/transformation
- Experience driving affordability, medical spend avoidance programs
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.℠
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the Optum Ireland Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.