Float Physician, Optum - Riverside and San Bernardino County
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum - the largest employer of Providers in the US, is currently seeking a full-time Float Physician join our team. We have developed a reputation for providing quality, compassionate care to communities in the Inland Empire and surrounding area.
The Float Physician is responsible for the day-to-day clinical care of patients at various Optum locations within the Riverside & San Bernardino County area. The Physician manages the health of patients by providing preventive evaluations and wellness education, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions.
***Locations: San Bernardino, Fontana, Redlands, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Hemet and Murrieta***
- Treat patients of all ages for injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Document items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, or necessary outpatient procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner within the electronic medical record
- Provide care to patients at various Optum locations on an as-needed basis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted Physician license in California or the ability to obtain
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Current DEA certificate
- 1+ years of practice experience
- Ability to travel to different Optum locations within Riverside & San Bernardino County
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Proficiency in a variety of outpatient procedures
- Managed Care experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment