Sales Learning and Development Consultant - Remote or US - Western Region
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Learning and Development Consultant to join our team as a telecommuter.
The Sales Learning and Development Consultant, is a member of the Government Programs Sales Strategy and Experience team. This role will be responsible for supporting our West region to develop sales leaders and agents to deliver the UnitedHealthcare value proposition and drive growth across the Medicare portfolio. This person will act as a strategic partner to create and deliver local learning solutions through multiple modalities of adult learning. This role will also support national initiatives to develop new tools and resources to support our agents. Proven excellence in public speaking and instructional design is essential for the success of this role. They will be responsible for gathering and analyzing data related to training and training effectiveness. The incumbent will work with multiple teams across the M&R organization (sales, marketing, product, communications, etc.) to deliver a best-in-class agent learning experience.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with West region leadership to create and execute annual learning and development plan for sales leaders and agents
- Develop deep understanding of the field sales roles (agent, market sales manager, sales director, etc.) and tailor learning solutions to help develop individuals in each role
- Identify learning and skills gaps and create new solutions to improve performance
- Work with cross-functional partners in technology, sales communications, product, and marketing to align strategies
- Use data and insights to identify performance gaps, evaluate the effectiveness of solutions and inform the direction of learning programs
- Serve as on-going resource for the West region of to drive awareness and adoption of current learning resources and support the learning needs of region leadership
- Project manage development of new training solutions, which may include multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and SMEs to identify business needs, performance goals and gaps
- Develop new training materials for regional and national needs based off stakeholder feedback
- Deliver effective learning solutions through multiple communication styles of adult learning (virtual sessions, in-person workshops, self-study etc.)
- Continuously research best practices and new innovations in adult learning to ensure best in class solutions for our learning platforms
- Maintain close relationships with West region field leaders along with cross-functional partners
- Use data-driven thinking to create content, engagement, and experience for a variety of different learning modalities
- This position may have responsibility for one or two direct reports
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with working knowledge of CMS compliance and Medicare products
- 2+ years of experience with working knowledge of Medicare sales, including agent experience (i.e: Sales training/Sales) and operations
- Experience creating training materials
- Experience collaborating with partners at all levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications (including PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience implementing training programs for sales
- Experience with instructional design tools (Articulate 360, Captivate, Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite etc.)
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Fluency in Spanish
- Effective relationship building and the ability to collaborate with internal team members, leaders, and business groups across the organization
- Project management experience
- Solid presentation and public speaking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be productive in a highly collaborative and changing environment where input and feedback from others is the norm
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare M&R Underwriting & HCE. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.