Project and Product Consultant, Advisory Services - Remote - 25% travel
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Project and Product Consultant, Advisory Services is part of the Optum Advisory Services (OAS) - Payer Enterprise Delivery Services practice. OAS Payer Enterprise Delivery Services is a rapidly growing business that serves clients across the health care ecosystem. We provide on-demand access to consulting talent with unparalleled experience and combine it with premium customer care and flexible contracting, allowing clients to focus on their core capabilities and create an agile workforce that scales with the demands of their business.
Our consultants are engaged to support both internal teams within UnitedHealth Group and external commercial clients in one or more of the following areas:
- Project and Program Management
- Agile and IT based consultant roles
- Business Analysis
- Product Management
- Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Quality Assurance
- Data Analysis and Reporting
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to identify issues, establish objectives, develop recommendations, and implement solutions for our clients
- Perform project management duties including the creation of status reports, work plans, and presentations to client leadership
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop, communicate, and implement project risk and issue management plans and strategies
- Drive outcomes without direct authority, engaging team members in a cross-functional environment
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending, and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Define, develop, and document business requirements to ensure clients’ needs are captured and delivered
- Work closely with Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Architects, Business Partners, and other Technology teams to ensure requirements and design are completely understood
- Assist in quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test scripts, executing test cases, and documenting defects
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Provide clear communications (oral and written) and share knowledge at all levels of the organization
Limited travel may be required for this role (less than 25% on average over a year’s time but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for multiple concurrent weeks to satisfy specific client project requirements). Consultants who are not local to an Optum office facility work from a home office when not at the client site.
***Please note this position does not offer sponsorship.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years additional equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in any of the following areas: Project/Program Management, Product Management, Process Improvement, Business Analysis, or Data Analytics
- 1+ years of building/creating project deliverables with the ability to manage complex work-streams in a client facing role
- Ability to travel up to 25% OR Based in greater Minneapolis, MN OR ability to relocate at own expense to Minnesota
- Agile / Scrum certified
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Process analysis and improvement experience
- Experience with CA Agile, Rally, JIRA, or similar application
- Experience working in a professional consulting organization or working in a healthcare leadership role
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in digital health or consumer digital products or services
- Experience in a large matrixed environment
- Ability to work in a highly technical, fast-paced environment
- Solid interpersonal skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives. applicable
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.