Business and Analytics Development Programme 2023 - Internship
Business and Analytics Development Programme 2023 – Internship - Dublin/ Letterkenny-Hybrid
At Optum, we leverage leading edge technology and innovation to create a healthcare system that serves everyone more fairly, efficiently and consistently. We work to build a healthier world, one idea at a time.
As a Fortune 5 business, we’re one of the world’s leading healthcare companies. There are no limits here on the resources you’ll have or the challenges you’ll encounter. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, we use the most advanced development tools, AI, data science and innovative approaches to make the healthcare system work better for everyone.
About the Role:
As an Intern in our Analytics and Business Analysis teams, you will be provided opportunities to channel your curiosity into initiative, working alongside distinguished and experienced team members, pursuing innovations that improve the health care experience for everyone. Throughout your 12 week internship, you’ll gain invaluable experience and learn from leading innovators as a member of one or more of our many teams engaged in life-changing work.
At Optum, we offer internships in a wide variety of domains, as well as a development curriculum, mentoring from leaders, networking and collaboration opportunities and the ability to work remotely. The intent of our internship programme is to provide return internship opportunities or full-time employment at Optum, depending on eligibility.
Key Information on the Analytics Development Programme – Intern:
The following are tracks where candidates may be placed. Please note that track placement is dependent on business need and location availability. While we will take your track preference under consideration, it is not guaranteed:
- Business Analysis
- Business Intelligence
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for potential future roles.
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s, master’s degree in a Finance, Economics, Business, Arts, Engineering or other technical discipline with Business
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship (internships are not intended for graduates)
- Involvement in any additional technical activities (Robotics, Comp. Science/Tech clubs, Tech or Engineering side projects, GitHub, etc.) and/or tech related employment experience
- Effective communication style to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with business process analysis, process improvement, project management
- Proficiency in any of the following would be an advantage but not a requirement as our team will discuss role fit with you depending on your skills and experience at the start of the application process:
- Core programming concepts and at least one programming languages
- AI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing
- Data manipulation with SQL, Spark and big data tools, data management and efficient storage methods
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.