Consultant, Actuarial and Underwriting Systems - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Actuarial Consultant will primarily work with StepWise implementations, our automated rating and pricing system, and consult with clients on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation. In addition to working on StepWise implementations, this role will involve advising clients on Underwriting, Actuarial, and financial projects, and supporting senior consultants as appropriate.
You'll enjoy the Zlexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with basic user interface and/or workflow automation design
- Use Excel and SQL-based systems to solve business problems / achieve clients' expectations
- Understand industry issues, changes, and potential impacts and opportunities for the StepWise consulting team
- Understand our clients' business and place within the market, be consultative, and act as a main point of contact both during a project and after implementation is complete
- Clearly and understandably articulate goals and expectations, relating them to the client's business mission and direction
- Manage a variety of issues while driving momentum of key projects
- Direct segments of work and manage deliverables
- Be capable of meeting multiple project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Establish trust and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Communicate clearly either over the phone and in person
- Tailor language to the audience, initiate appropriate communications with others, and is tactful and listens well
- Work with less structured, more complex issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative discipline or equivalent experience
- 1+ years Actuarial and/or Underwriting work experience in the healthcare industry on commercial and/or group business lines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including complex formulas, calculations, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Passing of Actuarial exams or having achieved ASA / FSA
- Experience in rating systems; As a consultant, super user, or technical design / implementation subject matter expert
- Experience working in the healthcare industry on commercial and/or group business lines
- Experience writing Macros
- Proficiency with SQL, including SQL query writing
- Experience with user interface design and/or workflow design
- Experience working with the StepWise Suite
- Currently living in one of the following locations: Colorado Springs, CO, Dallas, TX, Hartford, CT, Pittsburgh, PA, Boulder, CO, Houston, TX, Nashville, TN, Tampa, FL, Eden Prairie, MN, Phoenix, AZ, St. Louis, MO
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.