Snr Actuarial and Analytics Consultant- Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
As a Senior Actuarial Consultant, you will join an elite team committed to changing health care through outstanding service and valuable products. You will perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling to identify statistical findings and conclusions. If you want to be challenged by working on complex and diverse analytical projects, this is the opportunity for you.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and execute complex analyses. Communicate results to internal and external stakeholders to provide actionable insights
- Develop new tools and processes to enhance our teams’ analytic capabilities
- Lead junior analysts in the completion of projects, including review and presentation of final results
- Collaborate effectively with our broader product team, including project scheduling and coordination of tasks
- Maintain the flexibility and professionalism to adapt to changing priorities as client requests require
- Take accountability for work within a fast paced, exciting environment and learn from challenges as they arise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree (STEM field) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a role focused on actuarial or data analysis
- 2+ years of experience with R or a similar object-oriented language such as Python
- 2+ years of experience with MS Excel, including the ability to work with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs
- 1+ years in a healthcare analysis role working with claims data
- Solid technical aptitude
- Proven ability to learn quickly and use computer software tools effectively
- Completed Master’s degree (STEM field) or nearly qualified Actuary
- 3+ years of consultancy and healthcare industry experience
- 1+ years of SQL and SAS coding experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of regression analytics and Machine Learning techniques
- Aptitude and solid interest in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal forms of communication
- Proven analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to handle changing priorities/requirements/deadlines
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.