Technology and Integration Consultant - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As a Technology and Integration consultant, you will work with Optum’s commercial carrier’s clients in all phases and lead technology and integration discussions. You will work closely with internal Optum product configuration and engineering teams to design, build, and deliver enterprise class software solutions. This position requires both experiences with enterprise software but also hands on delivery. If you have a passion to use cutting edge technology and the drive to work independently and deliver innovative solutions, we hope you will join our team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engage with customers to lead and guide solutions for technology integrations with the Optum product platform including customer specifications, data conversion, ETL processes, system configuration, SSO, Web API’s,Web Services and microsevices
- Lead technical discussions with customers including technical specifications, business process review and impact, and solution design
- Act as a technical liaison to clearly facilitate and translate specifications between business and technical staff
- Generate clear diagrams, specifications, and other artifacts needed for customer integrations
- Develop web-based applications and components using Microsoft technologies (.NET Core, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, etc.)
- Develop SQL queries and scripts for web applications and ETL processes
- Explore new software technologies and build prototypes based on those technologies
- Work with product support staff to troubleshoot technical issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with the Microsoft Development Stack (.NET C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server etc.)
- 3+ years of experience building Web Services (SOAP, REST APIs, XML, JSON)
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL Server objects (SP, Triggers, DML, DDL) and building SSIS packages
- 3+ years of experience in producing Integration solution diagram, specification documents
- Experience working in healthcare domain
- Bachelor or Master’s degree obtained in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with various ETL, metadata and reporting tools
- Experience with consulting technology firms
- Design patterns (MVC, IoC, OOO, etc.)
- UML modeling/documentation experience
- Experience with enterprise software and influencing stakeholders thru experience and past delivery patterns
- Experience troubleshooting production issues
- Experience giving presentations in a professional environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete project commitments on time
- Passion for learning and adopting new technologies
- Ability to work in a scrum/agile team environment
- Competent client facing and interacting with others
- Phoenix, AZ
- Colorado Springs and Boulder, CO
- Dallas and Houston, TX
- Tampa, FL
- Nashville, TN
- St. Louis, MO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Hartford, CT
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.