Broker and Employer Technology Consultant - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Broker and Employer Technology Consultant is based on the Small Business Sales team and is responsible for driving growth in the 2-50 space by maximizing the role of leading benefit administration and solutions. These solutions provide ease of administration for Human Resources related modules including payroll, time/attendance, onboarding, etc. for UHC’s brokers, employer clients and commercial members.
These positions identify and develop potential business opportunities and work with sales and account management to target new customers or groups for appropriate benefit administrator solution. This position does not have primary responsibility for closing sales but will be accountable for growth on these platforms. This role will work with internal partners to ensure we’re optimally set up to engage externally on these platforms. Additionally, they will drive adoption directly with the broker community to drive as much business as possible through these channels. These preferred vendors, like Employee Navigator, are going to play a key role in the 2-50 space moving forward, and this individual will need to know all the ins and outs of the capabilities of these systems along with the unique value proposition UHC has established with UHC’s preferred vendors. The individual must work with the -Benefit Technology Strategy Team, third party teams and brokers to drive volume through this channel.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Responsibilities include being the regional contact for technology adoption and be the subject matter expert on technology solutions and their differences. They will be expected to build and execute an engagement plan to drive adoption of these tools. They will work with internal AEs and existing relationship owners to target key agencies across the region for training and adoption of UHC’s preferred vendors to increase the amount of business that comes in through these channels.
- Regional alignment to support all benefit admin technology related items
- Internal enablement:
- Executing on benefit admin partner specific strategies (e.g. ADP, EE Nav, etc.)
- Joining local team meetings to explain the capabilities/partnerships we are building to the field, and answering any questions they have
- Creating communication materials/strategies to support the field needs
- Working with local reps to identify broker strategies (e.g. pulling BOB data to show which platforms a broker works with, and creating meetings centered around these platforms)
- Being the point of contact to pull into any rep/broker discussions
- Driving strategy discussions with key broker partners around solutions and capabilities in partnership with the sales relationship owner
- Case-level opportunities – supporting the sales team in driving growth
- Role will leverage external partnerships to solve longstanding inefficiencies in group benefits to help transform the industry
- Identify and support book of business growth opportunities
- Maintain documented nuances / profiles for understanding key API partners
- Communicate platform and technology changes, or other strategic changes to vendors/brokers
- Deliver presentations to vendors, clients, or brokers in support of UHC vendor capabilities
- Participate in relevant training opportunities that will enhance market partnerships
- Drive improved UHC business performance across a wide range of metrics including growth, operational savings, and improved NPS for brokers, employers, and commercial members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience working in Group Insurance, with a minimum of 3 years working in a role focusing on benefit or enrollment technology and platforms
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to successfully sell in a complex sales environment (health care industry preferred)
- Experience anticipating customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Ability to travel as required
- Sales Insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- Demonstrate sales skills and selling ability
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to be collaborative with sales team and distribution partners
- Strategic in managing new business sales
- Ability to build and maintain solid client and distribution partner relationships, customer focused approach
- Anticipates problems and develops contingency plans
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with limited direction and supervision
- Solid communication/presentation skills
- Intermediate PowerPoint, Excel and project management skills
- Ability to work independently to establish and grow relationships in the broker community for the small business market for the assigned geographic area
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.