Nuc Med (Charge) Technologist
Additional Information About the Role
Join the team at Memorial Hospital Shiloh offering state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient radiology services.
- 4 - 9 hour shifts (630am-330pm)
- Call 1-2 days a week and one weekend a monthy
Why Join Us?
- Increased Compensation Packages
- Generous Benefits Package with PTO and Tuition Assistance beginning on day 1
- Several Retirement Options including a 401K plan and either a Pension Plan or a 403 (b)
- Work with a highly skilled, compassionate, and caring team
- Growth Opportunities to Learn New Skills and Advance
Memorial Hospital Belleville is a 222-bed acute care Magnet® designated hospital offering emergency and critical care services as well as medical and surgical services along with a full complement of diagnostic and treatment modalities. Also located on the Belleville campus, The Orthopedic and Neurosciences Center offers a comprehensive rehabilitation program that includes physical, occupational, speech and hand therapy.
Memorial Hospital Shiloh is a 97-all private bed Magnet® designated hospital located in Shiloh, Illinois. Memorial Shiloh offers a 24/7 emergency department, medical, surgical and diagnostic services including cardiac catheterization, imaging and laboratory. The Family Care Birthing Center features 18 spacious LDRP suites, two dedicated c-section rooms, OB Emergency Department, 24/7 OB hospitalist and neonatology coverage. The Shiloh campus also has the only Illinois Siteman Cancer Center location.
Performs nuclear medicine diagnostic imaging, therapeutic procedures, and quality control. Assists staff technologist in prioritizing and problem solving patient care or imaging issues, and serves as a resource person. Delegates tasks to ensure proper daily operations. Assumes responsibilities of supervisor in their absence. Assists in the development and training of students and/or new employees. Provides continuing education and mentorship to Nuclear Medicine Technologists and Senior Nuclear Medicine Technologists.
ResponsibilitiesPrepares patient and equipment for procedures.Performs studies independently, in on-call situations, portable exams, and other sites as required by work area.Manages shift operations to include assignments, lunch schedules, and adjusts priorities and assignments to best meet customer needs.Serves as the clinical resource and expert for the technologists, includes but is not limited to: problem solving, assisting with difficult exams, and mentoringServes as the clinical liaison between the team and supervisor. Ensures that proper information is communicated and escalated to the supervisor appropriately.
EducationAssociate or Trade School Equi
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsCert Nuclear Medicine TechnIEMA - Illinois onlyR.T.(N)/CNMT
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nuclear Medicine
Supervisor Experience< 2 years
Licenses & CertificationsCardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer