Nurse Manager - Emergency Department
Additional Information About the Role
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
- Emergency Department sees about 80,000 annual visits a year
- will have Direct Reports
- Days - 24/7 oversite
- Full-time Benefits package including 401k with Match!
- BSN required - Magnet facility
Responsible for the operational and clinical management of a designated patient care unit(s) on a 24 hour basis. Oversees a span of control and financial responsibility of > 72 FTE's supervised + > $2.5 million in total expenses OR > 40 FTE's supervised + > $5 million in total expenses.
ResponsibilitiesManages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.Directs the delivery of safe and appropriate patient care governed by evidence based clinical and management practice.Ensures team compliance with departmental policies, regulatory requirements and professional standards; keeps policies and procedures up-to-date and participates in revisions as needed.Promotes, and is accountable for customer satisfaction, process indicators, quality improvement plans and outcomes in work unit.Researches, evaluates, selects and implements systems which improve efficiency of work unit operations.Supports and assists the growth of existing or new business/programs.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor Experience< 2 years
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Supervisor Experience2-5 years
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer