Clinical Nurse - Pediatric Emergency Department, Part Time
- Up to $7,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Benefit Eligible
- 24 Hours per Week
- 12 hr Nights, 7:00 pm - 7:30 am
- Every 3rd Weekend
- Holiday Rotation
- The BJC Registered Nurse Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
Additional Preferred Requirements
- 2 years of RN experience in an emergency department (ED)
[Register to View] " width="229" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96732&hashed=[Register to View] " />
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children’s provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what’s right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children’s commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s consistently ranks among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children’s was one of eight children’s hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital’s academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children’s has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Develops, implements, and documents individual plans of care with defined goals in collaboration with other members of the interprofessional team and patient, family or caregiver in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Proactively plans and ensures communication of the plan of care across the continuum of care.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs according to standards of care. Assess patient preferences and barriers to involvement in care, including their values, emotional, spiritual, cultural, and population-specific needs.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's-Nursing
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree-Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer