Emergency Department Registered Nurse Part time
- Part time Position
- Day shift, 0900-1730, 3days/week or Night Shift- 2 days/week 12 hour shifts
- Up to $7500 Sign on Bonus
- Benefits Eligible
The BJC RN Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
Additional Preferred Requirements
Opened in 2007, Progress West Hospital is BJC HealthCare’s newest hospital in St. Charles County, featuring modern private rooms. It offers 24-hour emergency services and has partnered with St. Louis Children’s Hospital to provide world-class pediatric emergency care.
Progress West Hospital also provides surgical services, endoscopy services, a cardiac catheterization lab, medical/surgical inpatient services, diagnostic imaging, lab services, and the Advanced Wound Center, a specialty wound treatment facility with state-of-the-art equipment. Progress West Hospital recently completed an expansion of its Childbirth Center to include enhanced services for at-risk mothers and babies, with a newborn ICU that provides care for babies born as early as 32 weeks.
Progress West Hospital is a Certified Level II Stroke Center. The hospital’s medical office building houses offices for specialists in primary care, cardiology, obstetrics, pediatrics, and orthopedics.
The emergency department at Progress West features 13 rooms, 2 of which are dedicated to pediatric patients. This department, along with all departments within the hospital, supports the guiding principles of the hospital in providing care that is customized and reflects the patient's needs, values, and choices
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Develops, implements, and documents individual plans of care with defined goals in collaboration with other members of the interprofessional team and patient, family or caregiver in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Proactively plans and ensures communication of the plan of care across the continuum of care.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs according to standards of care. Assess patient preferences and barriers to involvement in care, including their values, emotional, spiritual, cultural, and population-specific needs.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's-Nursing
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree-Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer