Emergency Department RN
As an adult level 1 trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, and comprehensive cardiac center, we provide cutting edge emergency care for the St Louis region.
The Emergency Department at Barnes-Jewish Hospital is…
- the largest in Missouri, in a 52,000-square-foot facility
total of 80 beds
- We have 6 separate care areas, including trauma/critical care and a dedicated behavioral health unit, allowing us to care for a wide variety of patients\
- $15,000 Sign on
- BSN or ADN
- The BJC RN Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Emergency Department at Barnes-Jewish Hospital is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, urban setting where the arrival of each new second brings with it an opportunity to serve a melting pot of a community with a wide array of medical needs. We specialize in a rapid assessment and treatment of patients when every second counts, particularly during the initial phase of acute illness and trauma. The Barnes-Jewish Hospital Emergency Department is a Level I Trauma facility and a leader in disaster preparedness for the St. Louis region. No one shift is like the other; no one minute is like the next.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Develops, implements, and documents individual plans of care with defined goals in collaboration with other members of the interprofessional team and patient, family or caregiver in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Proactively plans and ensures communication of the plan of care across the continuum of care.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs according to standards of care. Assess patient preferences and barriers to involvement in care, including their values, emotional, spiritual, cultural, and population-specific needs.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's-Nursing
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree-Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer