Nurse Manager - Emergency Department
- Full-Time; benefits eligible!
- Sign on bonus equal to 5% of base salary for all qualified candidates!
- This position is open due to someone retiring from BJC after 34 years of service; 7 of those here in the Emergency Department!
- This Emergency Department sees about 26,000 visits per year and between 80-100 visits per day
- One of two Thrombectomy Centers at BJC and the only one this side of the river!
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital proudly serves the health care needs of families in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties. The 102-bed community hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services including the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, the Breast Health and Women’s Center, the Cardiology Center, the Neurosurgery Center and the Outpatient Surgery and Endoscopy Center.
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital is an Accredited Chest Pain Center and carries a Level II stroke certification. Additionally, the hospital’s medical office building houses offices for specialists in primary care, cardiology, obstetrics, dermatology, surgery and pulmonology. Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital also offers outpatient services including physical therapy, a sleep lab, and cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation.
At Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, every decision is made in the best interest of patients and families. Our emergency department has dedicated rooms for children, pregnant women, heart attacks, eye injuries and critical medical conditions. We are focused on providing excellent Emergency care to our patients.
Responsible for the operational and clinical management of a designated patient care unit(s) on a 24 hour basis. Oversees a span of control and financial responsibility of > 72 FTE's supervised + > $2.5 million in total expenses OR > 40 FTE's supervised + > $5 million in total expenses.
ResponsibilitiesManages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.Directs the delivery of safe and appropriate patient care governed by evidence based clinical and management practice.Ensures team compliance with departmental policies, regulatory requirements and professional standards; keeps policies and procedures up-to-date and participates in revisions as needed.Promotes, and is accountable for customer satisfaction, process indicators, quality improvement plans and outcomes in work unit.Researches, evaluates, selects and implements systems which improve efficiency of work unit operations.Supports and assists the growth of existing or new business/programs.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor Experience< 2 years
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Supervisor Experience2-5 years
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer