Emergency Department Clinical Nurse PRN
- PRN schedule
- The BJC Registered Nurse Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
Additional Preferred Requirements
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is a designated critical access hospital committed to providing quality health care service to residents in Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties.
The hospital has enhanced and expanded the health care services available to the greater Sullivan community with its state-of-the-art emergency department, modern childbirth center, critical care unit, multiroom surgical suite, expanded cardiac rehab services, and a cancer center. A 22,500 square-foot medical office building provides offices for primary care physicians as well as space for a variety of visiting medical and surgical specialists from the St. Louis area.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital operates four rural health clinics providing quality health care to surrounding communities. In addition, the hospital operates a comprehensive Therapy and Rehabilitation department and an award-winning Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital's Emergency Department experienced continued growth in 2010 seeing more than 20,000 patients.�Our 24/7�staff includes experienced emergency physicians with a nurse practitioner or physician assistant caring for our non-urgent cases.�All staff have specialized training in trauma care, advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, and 12-lead EKG interpretation for�stroke and cardiac patients.�We have several nurses with more than 30 years experience in emergency care and other nurses who are paramedics.�Our latest technology includes a 64 slice CT machine, used by many of the large trauma centers in St. Louis.�We have our own ambulance service that features a paramedic on each unit.�When needed, we also have access to helicopter transportation for patients needing a higher level of care.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Develops, implements, and documents individual plans of care with defined goals in collaboration with other members of the interprofessional team and patient, family or caregiver in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Proactively plans and ensures communication of the plan of care across the continuum of care.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs according to standards of care. Assess patient preferences and barriers to involvement in care, including their values, emotional, spiritual, cultural, and population-specific needs.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's-Nursing
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree-Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer