Pediatric Emergency Registered Nurse
- 3-12 Hour Shifts
- FT. Nights
- Specialty Pay for ER Experience
- Night Shift Differential
- Sign-on Bonus up to $15000
- Comprehensive Benefits
- The BJC RN Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
[Register to View] " width="84" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96737&hashed=-[Register to View] " />
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the highest credential a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
The pediatric emergency unit is staffed 24-7 by pediatric nurses and Washington University pediatric physicians dedicated to the comfort, security and satisfaction of children and their families. The unit features 9 treatment rooms and 6 inpatient beds that allow physicians to admit children overnight for observation or treatment.
The Emergency Department Nurse provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of emergency nursing care.
ResponsibilitiesParticipates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.Responsible for prioritizing medical and mental health care for various levels of acuities. Quickly recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions while rapidly prioritizing and delivering appropriate care.Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of emergency nursing care and patient's age-specific needs.. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Acts as patient advocate. Demonstrates competence and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial and emotional needs of all patients.Understands the unique learning needs of patients and families. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques and preparation for next transition of care.Must maintain competency and actively participates in training to be prepared for emergency response. Provides direct care during disasters, crisis intervention and response. Collaborate with community first responders to develop, implement and evaluate preparedness strategies.
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Licenses & CertificationsAdvanced Cardiac Life SupportCertified Emergency Nurse.Cert/Lic in Area of ExpertiseENPC/PALSSexual Assault Nurse ExaminerTime Critical DiagnosisTrauma Nurse Core Course
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer